Newbie ... Scotcall advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ,

My wife received 2 letters from Scotcall dated 04/04/2013 about outstanding debts with Express Insurance ,

1 for £45.43 and the other for £279.51 .

The last time my wife had insurance with these people was back in August 2012

but when it came to renewal I found her a cheaper quote so she changed companys .

I rang Express Insurance and they said we had to put it in writing or the policy would automatically be renewed.

I did this and we received her documents 3 days later from express insurance ,

I rang again and was told to send back all documents which I did but in hindsite should of done it via recorded delivery as they said they hadnt received them.

from what I could gather they wanted the full years policy paying even though we didnt have insurance with them anymore.

Now some 7 months later we have received these letters saying to make a payment or they will escalate it to Home visit ,

I've received an email from them as this was the email address used for the insurance

and they have rang me on my mobile but as its in my wifes name they couldnt discuss the matter with me ,

I informed them I deal with this sort of thing as my wife is profoundly deaf and was asked if they could talk to her

or to get her to send an email to authorise me to speak with them.

I'm not sure what to do next any help would be gratefully received .

ignore snotcrawl

they aRE NOT BAILIFFS

and have no such legal powers

stay off the phone too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx ,

I've been trying to contact Express Insurance to query these debts but im just getting passed from call center employee to call center employee .

If we owe the debt then I'll happily sort out a repayment plan with them but I cant understand how we owe for something we didnt and arent using.

Jerry

If scotcall are involved the debt is unenforceable. Just tell them the debt is in dispute and to play with traffic.

Also, STAY OFF THE PHONE. Only deal with the creditor in writing. Dont be tempted to use the phone.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes please do as the guys here have said. staying off the phone is really important, "in writing only" is the way to go. And don't feel intimidated by them. The advice on here is very good and if you take it you wont go wrong, and you wont be fleeced. I almost was but thanks to dx and Brigadier, I was able to make sure the dca in question did its job right and there ended a massive lesson for me in how to handle this kind of situation.

hi mate

i had scotcall idiots at my door last thursday

it was funny

these to bulky men got out of their car after watching the house for other ten minutes god knows why,

its been recorded by our cctv for our protection

they came to the door and asked to speak to me

i said who are you and do you have an appointment to see mr xxxxxxx

he said im from scotcall and i dont need an appointment to see him

i replied well you are tresspassing then because you do

he came out with all kinds of bull that he was going to have me arrested for obstruction

and was going to have all the property in our home taken away

also i said well try

but the police have been called and are on their way

and you will have to answer to them

he said well we might be gone by then

and will come back later

little did they know my mate had all ready clamped their car

they could not

i know its childish getting revenge

but at the time it made us all laugh and feel good

When the renewal notice was sent out by Express it would have stated if you wish to stay with Express you need do nothing and the Insurance will automatically continue, if you didn't contact them before the due renewal date to cancel then the automatic renewal kicks in, so did you send the ''cancellation'' letter by recorded delivery so you could check that they received it.

The way forward for you is to make a formal complaint at director level at Express.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ignore Snotcrawl they are powerless, and have absolutely NO legal powers what so ever, if they turn up tell them to leave or you will call the police and have them removed, and shut the door.

Deal directly with the insurance company, and start their complaints procedure.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Many thanks for the information everyone , I had Scotcall ring me again today asking for my wife . I'm getting in contact with the insurance company to try and sort this matter out and if they wont bend and insist its paid hopefully I'll be able to ste up a repayment plan with them.

If they call again, tell the to bugger off and you want everything in writing. Don't let them get a word in ( they WILL try and overtalk you). Simply tell them and put the phone down and log the call.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Many thanks for the information everyone , I had Scotcall ring me again today asking for my wife . I'm getting in contact with the insurance company to try and sort this matter out and if they wont bend and insist its paid hopefully I'll be able to ste up a repayment plan with them.

I don't think I would be thinking of making payments on this, if the ''rolling renewal was not clearly explained verbally or in writing this is open to challenge.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: