Default removal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As i would like to buy my first house i decided to check my credit history and took advantage of a free 30 day trial with checkmyfile as they claim to cover all the credit reference agency's, there are two defaults showing (which i was expecting) otherwise everything else seems to be in order.

Default 1 which was a vanquis credit card that is now with cabot financial is showing some errors, the account number they give is incorrect, they only show the last 4 digits but they do not match any of my paperwork, the date of default is also incorrect (i have the original default notice in front of me) the date they give is some 7 months after the time that the original creditor issued the default notice, are these grounds for having the default removed from my record or would the best scenario be that it gets updated to show the correct data?

Second default is with a mobile phone provider, they sent me two different default notices the first in march 2009 and the second in september 2009, only one of the two default notices is signed and neither says what needs to be done to rectify the default, which i thought was a requirement

It would be nice to get these two defaults removed, either finding errors (if this is grounds for removal) or by coming to some sort of settlement if it means the removal of the defaults from my record

• 1 month later...