Equifax & Noddle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Noddle/Call credit are the slowest CRA to update and can use "hand me down" info.

Regarding a credit score, ignore it. It has no meaning. The only info you need from a credit record are your creditors/CCJ/Defaults and things like that.

IMO the score is just a way to keep you coming back to see if its been updated each month, and with Equifax, it is a pure money maker.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have just applied for my credit stuff sweating profusely as I did so - Experion are sending me a PIN and Eqifax want me to to call them???? Very suspicious! Is that normal :???:

Ah HA!! I have not been on the electoral roll for years then - pay enough council tax and thought they registered you! Our personal data always slips out somehow anyway so I am surprised they want to talk to me. Experion are just sending me a PIN - they have assessed my credit score at 999! Maybe it pays to be off the electoral roll! I have had no credit at all for 6 years and this month I will hopefully be completely debt free - I wonder when all the cheap deals will start rolling in and I can refuse them all! Anyone who is still going along this path keep going - it's a good feeling.

.....or maybe they have just got confused and it's really ........ 666 :shock::madgrin::violin::roll: - I have plastic container full of overdue tax papers yet to be sorted - I marked them 666 Ha Ha!

CAG really keeps our spirits up - thank you all! XX

Noddle/Call credit are the slowest CRA to update and can use "hand me down" info.

Regarding a credit score, ignore it. It has no meaning. The only info you need from a credit record are your creditors/CCJ/Defaults and things like that.

IMO the score is just a way to keep you coming back to see if its been updated each month, and with Equifax, it is a pure money maker.

Whilst you say Noddle use hand me down info, I'm more inclined to believe what they have told me than Equifax because there are so many more accounts on my Noddle report than Equifax. The figures might not be 100% true (I'm saying might because I'm not sure), but there is definitely more info. Unfortunately I won't be checking Experian because I have already used my free 30 day trial some years ago!

I am getting SAR's sent off to every single creditor on my Noddle report!

One thing to note is that not all creditors update all CRA's. They might only deal with one or two. Thats why we advise checking all 3.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The distinct and often seen problem with CRAs using 2nd hand data is that often

accounts that have been removed from other agencies files are not removed on the

6th anniversary of the default date, so please be very wary of the Noddle data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The distinct and often seen problem with CRAs using 2nd hand data is that often

accounts that have been removed from other agencies files are not removed on the

6th anniversary of the default date, so please be very wary of the Noddle data.

But as long as I keep an eye on it, and request any that are not removed after 6 years, then Noddle must be the way forward, surely? Because as I said, Noddle have much more information than Equifax on accounts I have or have had in the past. And Noddle is free, whereas I have been paying £6.99 a month for Equifax for the last 2 years

As said you need to be very watchful as if the accounts shown on Noddle are one that should have already been moved it is possible that the wrong data is also being shown on Noddles parent company CallCredit which potential lenders etc will be able to see.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

As said you need to be very watchful as if the accounts shown on Noddle are one that should have already been moved it is possible that the wrong data is also being shown on Noddles parent company CallCredit which potential lenders etc will be able to see.

I will be sending SAR's to all my current and previous creditors anyway so once I have them back I will compare.

I telephone Equifax this morning after the laborious data input last night that lead to nothing ...... they wanted 2 ID documents (fine by me) but the woman in India could not tell me how to send them!! I did eventually find out myself after cutting myself off of the phone (5p/min!!!) - so they have my passport and council tax bill. I am not on the electoral roll and I think that was the problem but they seem much more diligent about security than Experion.

I have to say I was uplifted last night after Experion gave me a 999 credit score:whoo::lol::jaw:but as our dearest and most revered BRIG says - so what! I will await my PIN from Experion and response from Equifax and also do a doodle wid' de Noodle tonight:razz::whoo:

I am personally disappointed with Equifax and Experian. After paying £6.99 a month for 2 years to Equifax, and £14.99 to Experian today, I have realised that Noddle hold a lot more information on my accounts than the 2 of them put together. I'm not sure where Noddle get their second hand information from as people say, because it certainly can't be from Equifax or Experian!

No it's from their ''parent' CallCredit which is not so widely used by mainstream creditors/lenders.

:lol::lol:

I telephone Equifax this morning after the laborious data input last night that lead to nothing ...... they wanted 2 ID documents (fine by me) but the woman in India could not tell me how to send them!! I did eventually find out myself after cutting myself off of the phone (5p/min!!!) - so they have my passport and council tax bill. I am not on the electoral roll and I think that was the problem but they seem much more diligent about security than Experion.

I have to say I was uplifted last night after Experion gave me a 999 credit score:whoo::lol::jaw:but as our dearest and most revered BRIG says - so what! I will await my PIN from Experion and response from Equifax and also do a doodle wid' de Noodle tonight:razz::whoo:

:lol:

I am now totaLLY exausted doodling wid de Noodle - at least I have pages of info to mull over - all very out of date! I presume all cc companies issue defaults every month of the year after a default? - the ones I have managed to pay do not appear but the ones I have not appear very RED! Never mind - I have done my best.

:|

You know our darling BRIG? - why not start an uplifting music album for us CAGs - I suggest for a start Adelle -Rolling In The Deep and I have loads of others to suggest -

Now I'm confused... you said

the ones I have managed to pay do not appear but the ones I have not appear very RED!

:|

Did you use the link to switch between open and closed accounts? As in the ones you have paid off will be in the closed accounts section.

Thank you Katie - yes I did - I need to look through my data that printed. I have no CCJs or anything bad appearing - one financial relationship that needs removing "from source of problems" .

The most incredible thing I have learned over the last 6 years without using any borrowing/credit is this:

1. I do not need stuff I cannot pay for with my debit card:|

2. I do not blame anyone else (government/etc) for what I cannot afford.:sad::oops:

3.I never want to borrow or be beholden to anyone else ever again.:whoo:

There will inevitably be a CRA/DCA redundant staff queue at the Job Center! :razz:

I think I might emigrate actually XX

Defaults are not ''issued'' each month the entries just show the up to date status of the debt, the creditor/DCA is obliged to report this way.

It really need to check the other CRAs.