provident/shopacheck

blade73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My problem relates to my girlfriend who has loans out with provident,

greenwood and

shopacheck.

She works 21 hours a week and 6 months ago she was able to pay these loans off but then her youngest turned 20

and left education which meant she lost all her benefits and as she only works 21 hours a week she cant even get working tax credits.

She is now finding it hard to repay these loans,

she fell behind in her rent which has led to her giving up her house a

nd the housing executive is taking her to court to get the rent owed off her.

At the minute these loans are taking most of her wages every month which is the reason she cant pay the rent owed.

I have come here to see if i can get any information on how she can get these loan repayments reduced to an amount that she can comfortly afford on a weekly basis

so she can start to get back on her feet as she is getting so depressed over it all.

I have told her some of what i know which sorry to say isnt alot about what she can do,

so any and all information would be greatly appreciated....

Unless these loans are secured, which I doubt, then they are non priority debts, and can be put to the bottom of the list in order of things to be paid.

Priority debts are;

• mortgage repayments and loans secured on your home
  • rent
  • fuel debts
  • child support and maintenance payments
  • council tax
  • certain payments ordered by the courts.

Non-priority debts include:

• credit card debts
  • hire purchase agreements (HP)
  • unsecured bank loans (loans that are not secured against your property)
  • water bills
  • loans from friends and family.

Write to these companies with an offer of payment, say £1 a month to each until her financial situation improves, but do this in writing ONLY.

I believe Provident and Greenwood are the same company.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

forget them

they ARE NOT A PRIORITY DEBT.

she need to concentrate on her RENT.

the doorsteppers ARE BOT BAILIFFs

and CANNOT demand money out of her

write a letter

that due to SERIOUS rent arrears

she is due in court AND WILL BE EVICTED

if she does not make up the ARREARS

which have been due to her paying THEM not her RENT.

for 6mts. their payment will not be £1

hand that to them each when they call.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Question on the rent issue did she go through the housings termination process for handing the property back or did she abandon the property?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

ok thx guys.

they are the same company, i found that out.

will i be able to write/deal with them on her behalf as im no push over. also they consolidated the loans she had into one account with provident and the same was done with greenwood i think but ive been with her for just over 2 years now and dont recall her ever getting loans to total the amount that they say she owes, can i/she ask for a break down and dates of these loans with all payments made to be posted out to her?

You can act on her behalf, but she must write and sign a declaration that you will be handling her affairs from now on. This letter MUST come from her and be signed by both of you. They may call or write to confirm it, but it needs to be put in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Theres nothing from stopping you typing out the letters no, as for them consolidating the loans together, if she never signed a new agreement accepting this, then they will lose straight away.

They need to provide strict proof of this one agreement which totals the full amount, they won't be able to do so, unless they want to commit fraud and fabricate an agreement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!