Debt Collector Court Claim Stayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll ask anyway. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Sigma SPV and their pals HL Solicitors put a money claim through Northampton court (where else?!) on May 2012. Due to the fact the money they are collecting refers to

a) A debt over 6 years old (although they took the debt in 2011)

b) It is less than £500.

c) The credit card company (HSBC) was in breach of credit agreement (I got ripped of by internet merchant)

once I put my defence in, they decided to stop perusing the claim, However they have listed a default on my credit history using a bogus amount and default date as soon as they received the defence paperwork from the court.

What can I do?

Are they able to post the default even though there is an ongoing claim that they decided to stay or drop?

Any ideas

Thanks for your help

Update: Have spent sometime reading all the Sigma posts. I gather what I am described above is their normal way of working. My claim was also for a partial amount. So I guess the question is, has anybody applied for the claim to be strike out, successfully this is? And has this helped with the credit report?

Thanks again