Lowell / Hamptons Legal / Red

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again all,

After your advice once again, after the help you have gave us has resulted in 4 DCAs backing down, but now we have come across one we aren't sure of.

My partner has received a letter today from Red Debt Collection with the usual threats of courts and bailiff action etc, stating that she owes £440 to Three Mobile.

We did in fact set up a standing order to Lowell over a £210 Three Mobile account,

as the debt wasn't statute barred as she had been paying Lowell £11 a month a few years ago

- so a few weeks ago we set up a £40 a month standing order to get it paid.

Now while we have been trying to get our finances in order with your help,

we also regularly check our credit files.

We checked my partners this morning.

The £210 Three account is on there (with Lowell), as is a Three account defaulted for £68 (the a/c number doesnt match the Lowell paperwork),

but there is no account for this outstanding £440 that Lowell/Hamptons/Red are demanding.

There are no accounts that match the a/c number on the paperwork on her credit file.

The thing is, we don't believe that the debt is statute barred as she believes she was paying it along with the other one a few years ago.

As such, we're not really sure what to do because she thinks she was paying it, but it isn't on her credit file

and I'm reluctant to give them money for it, when it doesn't seem to be tied to her.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks and keep up the great work.

Lenny.

Hi Lenny,

I suggest sending the following letter:

Sam Marsden

Head of Compliance

The Lowell Group.

Re: use Reds.

Dear Sam Marsden,

I refer to a letter from your subsidiary company Red Debt Collection dated xx xx xxxx , regarding an alleged debt for £xxx .xx originating from a 3 Mobile account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to any company of the Lowell Group.

Have checked through my account history with 3 mobile I cannot reconcile the alleged sum owed or the account numbers qouted by Red Debt Collection therefore this claim is totally refuted and the account is now formally in dispute.

I am aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and know that Lowell must provide unequivocall proof that I am the debtor you seek, until such information is provided no further correspondence can be entered into, take note only contact in writting is acceptable.

Send RM recorded delivery.

Edited by Conniff
typo correction

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...