lifestyle fitness contact address

grimlord
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, like many others i cant cancel my membership for lifestyle fitness(in stoke on trent) i am 5 months into a year contract but have been sacked from my part time job(i am a student) and have no income.. the phone number i have been given just puts you on hold for hrs. i want to write them a letter stating my intentions but cannot find an address, all the gym will give me is the phone number which noone answers.please help(first post so be gentle)

Hi Grimlord and welcome to CAG.

If you've been made redundant from your job and cannot afford the gym payments, cancel the DD mandate immediately, to avoid paying out money you can't afford.

You do NOT need to call their phone line and be left on hold forever. You can simply write a letter and drop it into the gym. If the gym says otherwise, that's THEIR problem. You will see from info on our site that a simple cancellation letter will suffice.

Before we help you with an appropriate letter, please let us know :-

1. How long is your minimum initial m/ship period.

2. Have you checked your m/ship agreement to see if there is any clause about cancellation due to loss of your job.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i signed up 7th october 2012 for 12 months. there is a fair cancellation policy for redundancy but it doesnt state being sacked though am i right in assuming that it is the same as i have still lost my job? you also have to give 1 months notice to implement the fair cancellation policy. This is also from their terms "if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25".

thanks in advance

Hi Grimlord,

I would suggest the cancellation applies to losing your job, whether you were sacked or made redundant. Many people are sacked unfairly and it's not for us or the gym to judge such matters.

Regarding the admin fee of £25, this is a penalty and is not enforceable in law. They can add as much in fees as they wish, but they can't make you pay them, regardless of whether the fees are mentioned in their T&C's.

Write to the gym by Rec'd Del'y or take it and get staff to sign a receipt for the letter. You need only say :-

Dear sir or madam,

I write to confirm that I lost my job on XXXXdate and this was my only source of earnings so I cannot maintain my gym membership.

I hereby give notice to cancel my membership with immediate effect.

I will allow one more month's fee to be paid by Direct Debit and I will then cancel the DD mandate.

Yours faithfully,

See how they respond - they may want to see your P45 as evidence. If they want any more proof, like a letter from your employer, let us know. You don't always have to provide them with everything they want.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks, i will hand this in to my gym next week. I suspect they wont sign or even accept the letter. I have tried in the meantime to email the gym(replying to my original welcome email) and it bounced straight back. I will let you know the outcome, thgough i suspect as soon as i cancel the direct debit there will be a letter or phonecall within days

Take a second copy of your letter with a section underneath your signature for them to sign :-

Blah, blah blah ..................

Yours faithfully,

Grimlord

Received by gym staff member ................... (signature)

..................... (name)

..................... (date)

That'll be just fine.

as expected the gym would not let me leave a letter with them, they said i could only end the contract by phone. when i pointed out the cost and i would be contacting the oft they gave me an email. i will send the letter to them and let you know what happens. i am away until april the 26th from now but expect to get some sort of contact from harlands stating i owe them money

cheers

Hi Grim,

If you send a posted letter, use Recorded Del'y.

Otherwise, send the gym an email.

Whatever contact method you use, confirm your date of cancellation as the date on which you visited the gym, who refused to accept your letter for no good reason.

Harlands can write to you all they want........... but there's very little else they can do.

See what's waiting for you when you come back and let us know.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi GL,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased this is now resolved.

I just wish all cases involving Harlands were so easy. :-(

Perhaps, in time ................