style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had swift credit services hounding me for a fine I received last year for having a tyre below the legal limit,

I paid the fine via an automated service I think it was a month late but the payment was accepted and processed.

I called Swift the first time they sent me a letter and gave them the authorisation code to say it had been paid and accepted,

a week ago they turned up with a van,

I contacted the office explaining I had paid it and sent them a copy of my bank statement as proof as they requested.

They then said I had to contact a number to give their client the proof I gave them,

this was another automated court service with no one to actually speak to.

I emailed them again today explaining this and they said that they have advised me all they can!

So I've proved to them that the fine had been paid albeit late but they still are chasing me! What can I do!??

You dont need to contact them. They need to prove you owe the debt. Especially as you already provided proof you dont owe anything. You could always find the landline number for the fines centre and get written confirmation that the fine was paid in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Swift are chasing me for almost £400, I received a fine for a tyre below the legal requirement last year and paid it via an automated service. The payment was a little late as I remember, but the system accepted it and took my money. I have proved this to swift but they say I must contact the client and prove it to them so they can look into the matter. I tried via the number they gave me and they said they couldn't help. What can I do?!!

I would search for the main number. Not the one they give.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I wouldn't ring them but write including proof of your payment and also get in contact with the court by phone (today if possible) to confirm they've got a record of your payment based on the receipt reference number.

Feebee_71

Instead of speaking with Swift you really ought to be calling the COURT !!!

It is possible that you had made payment AFTER a Distress Warrant had been issued. You need to find out whether this was the case.

Lastly, there is a LEGAL requirement that a Distress Warrant cannot be issued UNLESS a Further Steps Notice is issued. Did you receive this notice?

Instead of speaking with Swift you really ought to be calling the COURT !!!

It is possible that you had made payment AFTER a Distress Warrant had been issued. You need to find out whether this was the case.

Lastly, there is a LEGAL requirement that a Distress Warrant cannot be issued UNLESS a Further Steps Notice is issued. Did you receive this notice?

i was just about to say the same

you need to get dates when the wearrant of distress was issued and the date you paid the court direct