power2contact are allowed to visit me! mobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have a mobile phone account that I have been unable to pay.

I have no real reason to dispute the account and will probably make an offer of payment shortly.

However, a had a letter from power2contact saying they will visit me at my home.

I sent the template letter from cag to stop them knocking on my door and they responded with this...

'You are not correct in your assertion that, under OFT rules, we can only call at your home if you agree to make an appointment.

In law, a creditor is in a different position to a postman or a member of the public asking directions.

When you opened this account, you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment.

You do not have the contractual right to revoke that agreement until the loan has been repaid.

We will not disregard any reasonable requests you make as to the timing or method by which we have those discussions.

Unless we hear further from you with such a request, a doorstep visit may still be a viable option for us to discuss the repayment of your account.'

I am not really worried about this.

It's just that I don't want them at my door.

I have sent the template letter before regarding other debts and they have just accepted it.

They are NOT permitted to visit you without YOUR permission - I am assuming that you are not going to give them that!

If they do turn up, then simply ask them to go away.

You could if you wish, ask them for a copy of the legislation that they think will protect them if they do turn up !! You could ask them for the specific clause in any contract that gives them this right and also to provide you with a copy of the same.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Also mention in your next letter should they step on your land you'll consider an action in the tort of trespass. In reality doing this is a pretty futile exercise as far as damages are concerned but you might be able to obtain an injunction against them from visiting. Taking a step like this is akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it looks cool in a letter to them at least.

Stupid stupid people, you might wish to include something along the lines of

"Please note, that by agreeing to visit me, you indemnify me from any damage occured to property or person during the period of the visit, you are also agreeing to being an active participant in an in-depth conversation with my pair of doberman meeter and greeters, although they have never actually bitten anyone yet, and I truly believe that they wouldn't, please state before visiting whether you are allergic to fabric elastoplast and if you have a preference between savlon and dettol"

and the bottom line....

never ever pay a doorstepper

never ever pay a dca

stay off that phone

they are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I noticed in the there response the word "may" lol

"a doorstep visit may still be a viable option for us to discuss the repayment of your account"

Jokes..

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Thanks for all the advice. I did ask them provide me with a copy of the legislation or clause that gives them the right to call at my home. Todays response...

'In regards to your comment requesting a copy of the specific legislation regarding a doorstep visit. Please be advised that we are members of the Credit Services Association and we therefore adhere to all of the OFT guidelines. I can confirm that...' they then seem to have done a cut and paste of the first response I included in the first post on this thread-word for word. They finish the letter by saying that this is their final response.

Had the same nonsense from these jokers over one of ex Mrs Hippy's account, did the same asked them what piece of legislation gave them the right to stick a thumb up to the high court, guess what no response, NO visit etc etc... they are really joking if they think they can ride rough shot over common law. I am a member of our local British Legion does that give me the right to go and pester people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a**holes that's what they are, or shall I say desperate. In My five years of dealing with these idiots all I have ever had is One visit from snotcall a very nice chap called Kevin, he came after a really big argy bargy with Mrs Ex Hippy, thought it was her back at the door so shouted Feck Off, when I realized it was not I opened the door to be told he was from Snotcall and he would like to discuss blah de blah, quoted him the sorry you have no appointment etc etc, he was very well mannered and said ok yes your right, but on turning to leave he did say it must be a really bad breakup I will make sure I don't visit her... which made us both laugh.

The moral of the story really is, these people are for whatever reasons doing a job, they are human ( I think ) so if they are polite if they do chance there arms I think it is only fair to be polite back. I know from stories here there are some hardcore tossers out there, different kettle then, doberman here it comes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959