Robinson Way & old Grt Universal cat debt

Kay37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help, this is new to me so I'm sorry if I posted in wrong place.

I received a letter the other day from a company I never heard of called Robinson way, saying I owe them £154.99, as I have never heard of them I goggled them & your site came up, so I thought I would ask for advice.

I don't know if they are a fraud or not, but they say I owe this money, yet I have never heard of them or dealt with debt collection & don't know what to do.

Two days after getting the first letter I received a second from Buchanan Clark & Wells, saying the money is owed to GT Universal, I do not ever remember having dealings with them, but maybe when I was younger I'm not sure, how do I find out if this is a real debt that I owe? I have lived in my current home 10 years & have never had a catalogue or debt whilst living here, no one has ever contacted me regarding any money owed, then this out of the blue. If I owe it I'll pay it, but how do I know it is genuine?

Neither letter are signed by a person, just a company

This is what the letters say:

First letter: Robinson Way Limited

Dear Miss

Due to HOIST (EX SHOP DIRECT)

Acc No:

We hereby give notice that by an agreement dated 10th November 2012 your account has been sold and assigned to HOIST Portfolio Holdings 2 Limited by Robinson Way Limited.

It is essential that all future payments, correspondence or queries regarding this account are directed to Buchanan Clark & Wells who will be managing your account on behalf of Hoist Portfolio Holdings Limited.

yours faithfully

Collections manager

Second Letter:

Buchanan Clark & Wells:

Client: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited

Creditor: Shop direct - GT Universal

Principal Sum £154.99

BCW Ref:

Client Ref:

FORMAL DEMEND

Dear Miss

We have been instructed by Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Limited to recover an overdue balance, in the sum of £154.99 on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non - payment of their account and they would prefer an amicable settlement.

Please call our 24 Hour Payment Line immediately on 0844 to make payment by Credit or Debit Card. Payment is also accepted online at paybcwonline.com

Should there be any matter that you would like to bring to our attention or if you wish to discuss your financial circumstances in relation to the debt, please call us immediately.

yours faithfully

for and on behalf of

Buchanan Clark & Wells

hi kay37

dont worry about these fleecing letters

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

prob they've picked on 100's of people

with a like name to a debt they have on their books

however, as usual, they've prob got no enforceable paperwork

its what we call a phishing trip

sendout loads of letters

see ifwe can spoof a mug into paying

...sadly for them you found cag.

just as belt 'n'braces

get your CRA file

see below

check its clear in case someone is upto frauds

using your details

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and look who is part of Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Limited

Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd

Services: Consumer Credit, IVA'S Bankruptcies, Telecoms, Utilities

Email: najib.nathoo@hoist-group.com

Telephone:

Address: First Floor, Le Masurier House, La Rue Le Masurier, St Helier, JE2 4YE

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I had dealings with Robinson Way last year, they hounded me for years for a mere £106.00p the debt was 16 years old !!! yes 16 years old... I got fed up and reported them to FSO, when they got stuck into RW... Funny I received a letter of apology and they closed the case.

Clowns..

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

hi kay37

dont worry about these fleecing letters

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

prob they've picked on 100's of people

with a like name to a debt they have on their books

however, as usual, they've prob got no enforceable paperwork

its what we call a phishing trip

sendout loads of letters

see ifwe can spoof a mug into paying

...sadly for them you found cag.

just as belt 'n'braces

get your CRA file

see below

check its clear in case someone is upto frauds

using your details

dx

Hello, thank you for replying, where do I check CRA file, I don't know what this is, you wrote see below but I don't see anything below. I'm sorry this is new to me, I don't mean to be a pain.

Hi Kay, don't worry, you're not being a pain.

Your CRA file is compiled by Credit Reference Agencies and it shows any defaults, CCJs, etc. that are listed against your name, plus various other bits of info.

When you check it, you can see what lenders, banks, DCAs have entered. If any info is incorrect, you can request it to be altered or removed (takes a while and not always successful) but don't worry about that at the moment!

It'll give you an idea of where you stand financially - in the eyes of potential lenders.

The three main Credit Reference Agencies are:

Noddle - https://www.noddle.co.uk - you can sign up for free, with no charges in the future. Noddle can be a bit slow with updates.

Experian - http://www.experian.co.uk/ - you can sign up for a trial 1 month period for £2 but remember to cancel BEFORE the end of the one month period, or they charge you monthly.

Equifax - http://www.equifax.co.uk/ - you can sign up for a trial 1 month period for £2 but remember to cancel BEFORE the end of the one month period, or they charge you monthly.

I currently use "Noddle" and have had no problem with them. They'll ask for a credit/debit card number when you register, but no charge is taken.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Hi Kay, don't worry, you're not being a pain.

Your CRA file is compiled by Credit Reference Agencies and it shows any defaults, CCJs, etc. that are listed against your name, plus various other bits of info.

When you check it, you can see what lenders, banks, DCAs have entered. If any info is incorrect, you can request it to be altered or removed (takes a while and not always successful) but don't worry about that at the moment!

It'll give you an idea of where you stand financially - in the eyes of potential lenders.

The three main Credit Reference Agencies are:

Noddle - you can sign up for free, with no charges in the future. Noddle can be a bit slow with updates.

Experian - you can sign up for a trial 1 month period for £2 but remember to cancel BEFORE the end of the one month period, or they charge you monthly.

Equifax - you can sign up for a trial 1 month period for £2 but remember to cancel BEFORE the end of the one month period, or they charge you monthly.

I currently use "Noddle" and have had no problem with them. They'll ask for a credit/debit card number when you register, but no charge is taken.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck

H. x

Thank you for your help, I will go check out noddle now, I'm scared what I will find, if there is a lot of debt in my name will checking on noddle & putting my details in automatically have them all knocking on my door at once?

doesn't matter

they have no powers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says - DCAs have no powers. You have every right to check your own credit reference file!

And don't be scared - anything you do find (IF anything) is extra knowledge that you have - and knowledge is power ;)

If you have any questions or worries, please feel free to come back and ask.

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

One thing to keep in mind is that noddle is no always up to date which is always poblem with agencies that us 2nd hand data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: