Commission for moving a pension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Call me cynical but I suspect this may cost you more than you expect over the years.

You really must think long and hard before moving or altering the Sun Alliance pension.

The value of the pension will not go down and it will sit with the new provider until i retire and I will receive 5% annual commission hereafter.

I don't understand what the 5% annual commission payments to you are. Have you received written confirmation about what Artemis are actually offering you.

On the basis that nothing is free, you will end up paying for the £5K "commission", probably several times over.

It's essential that you get proper advice about this from an IFA, who may be able to offer alternatives as to how you can raise the funds you need.

Perhaps take advice from more than one IFA so you can compare the options. Ask amongst friends to see if they have someone they can recommend.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably a pension drawdown scheme where the money is transferred overseas and what is paid out is a loan against the assets held in that overseas fund. Not currently illegal but will be soon and if you take advantage of it you will have all sorts of problems in the future.

AVOID