PPI reclaim help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

My elderly father has reclaimed ppi on a credit card a few months back, through one of those companies that take a hefty cut from it. They have approached him today and asked does he want them to claim back the ppi on his bank loans, to which i told him to say no, i'd help him do it, so he'd keep all of the money he gets back.

So, after looking at a few posts on here, im stuck already. Where do i start?

This bank loan is 5 years old and he has just made his last payment on it, and the one before he took out about 7 years ago, and after 2 years the bank offered him a larger loan, and they would pay off the first one, if this makes sense. he had ppi on both.

Do i need to get him to send a SAR if he can't find his copy of the contracts before we do anything else?

Many thanks,

Danielle.x

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi davsib,

thanks,

Just what i thought to be honest, but thought it better to check first haha. I'll get that wrote up and sent off and update the thread once i get a reply.

Thanks again,

Danielle. x

• 2 weeks later...

evening,

Right i have the copy of the agreement which shows how much he was paying on the ppi alone, duration etc.

Firstly, - Can i claim it back on his behalf so that all correspondance would come through me, if so, how.

secondly, - now i have the information how do i start?

Many thanks,

Danielle.x

he found the agreement for the second loan which was the one that was taken to re-finance the first one, the first loan agreement he can't find, but is over 7 years ago, and im sure i read somewhere that there is a 6 year limit to claim?

Danielle.x

There isn't a time limit for claims as such but they may claim they don't have any records beyond six years ago. We know that this is generally untrue.

Have yo actually done a SAR as mentioned in post #2?

If not I would do so. Make sure you add a line to the end saying that it is to include copies of all and any loan agreements.

no, i havn't done a sar as he found his copy, but will do one and post it off monday. Do i send it to the branch or to their head office, and how do i go about claiming it back for him, will he have to enclose a letter giving me permission, or do i just include a letter stating im claiming it for him, as my dad wants me to take over doing it and get all correspondance to my house for easiest.

thanks,

Danielle.x

It would be best to await the SAR since the first loan will affect the PPI figures for the .

SAR should be sent recorded delivery to the lender's registered office. It will need to be signed by the account holder.

As far as the reclaim goes, you will need a signed letter from your father to say you are acting and that all correspondence should be sent to you at your address.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

Right my dad has had a letter from RBS saying that before they can forward the information for the SAR they need payment of £10.00. I sent a £10.00 postal order off with the letter that they have replied to, im unsure what to do, do i write and tell them that the PO was sent with the letter or do i just pay it again?

Many thanks,

Danielle. x

Sorry forgot to ask, i have both loan agreements here, both state what was paid for ppi with the intrest, so do i take that figure from the first and add 8% on top, and do the same with the second loan, then i'll get a figure for what i claim back?

many thanks,

Danielle.x

No

Have a read of No.1 in my signature...it will tell you how to calculate what you are due back. There are spreadsheets at the end to help you.

If/when you get stuck, shout here.

so i have just checked with the post office and they have said it was cashed on the 2nd April at a bank, so should i write to them and tell them they've had payment so im not sending it again? thanks, danielle.x

my father was that upset by it that i decided to ring them (i recorded call)

was told that they received the letter but no postal order.

I told them that i'd been on the phone to royal mail and it had ben cashed on the 2nd April.

They stated that they hadn't received the letter until the 5th April

so someone in royal mail must have opened it,

stole and cashed the postal order.

he told me i'd need to re send one.

When i threatened police involvement he popped me on hold while he tried to see if there was anything he could do his end.

Low and behold, it turns out that the rbs branch had opened the letter,

cashed the po, passed the letter on to the SAR team,

but not noted that i'd paid, so while the po will take a while to track down,

as a "goodwill gesture" he will go ahead with the sar and i should recieve the paperwork before 15th april.

What a set of donkeys, and i feel that this is probably the tip of the iceberg

as i am going to try and reclaim his ppi and bank charges,

so will probably have many run ins with them.

Danielle.x

• 3 weeks later...

see if you can understand link 1 below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Having a look now, think i understand it.

so i'd put the total repaid with intrest in principle sum,

then 8 in intrest rate,

then from the date of first payment,

until the date of last payment and that will give me the figure to claim back for the first loan?

Many thanks,

Danielle.x