Nemo finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2006 I was living with my partner in his property who, due to gambling, had accrued a significant amount of debt. He arranged a secured loan against his property with a finance company (Nemo). This property was mortgaged and solely in his name. I was not responsible for the repayment of the mortgage nor was I named on the deeds.

During the process of arranging this loan I was persuaded by my partner to sign documentation as I was a resident of the property in order for him to proceed with his application. I was told by him that this was a formality as I co-habited. I left my partner in 2008 and had no further contact with him. However, in January 2013 I received a letter stating I was in arrears for an unsecured loan from Nemo. I rang up to suggest there must be some mistake and was told a joint application had been made and I was responsible for this. I repeated that I was unaware of such responsibilities and was told further investigation would be carried out. I advised that all correspondence should be made in writing when a contact number was requested.

I found out that my ex partner went bankrupt soon after I left him (not related) although I am unsure of the full extent of the circumstances.

In the meantime I have been sent a recording of a call made by Nemo to myself where discussion is held regarding companies who will be paid off from the loan. Within this call I ask whether the loan will be paid in my partner's name and they confirmed this.

I requested paperwork surrounding this loan and have received copies of a loan agreement in joint names, a copy of the deeds for his house signed by him and witnessed and a copy of a letter returning one of the cheques which had been sent to pay off debts as it was made out to the wrong company and I am requesting it be amended. I have written this letter and signed it although do not suggest the loan is mine. I am now in receipt of the details of the loan and the total is a staggering £33000 which they are obviously pursuing me for given he went bankrupt and is therefore 'untouchable.'

Sorry for the lengthy entry but couldn't make it any more concise, does anyone have any advice, particularly whether I can be pursued for the full amount.

louise2U welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

louise2U welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Thanks very much, have copied it into the debt forum, hope this is ok! 😀

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks