Next saying I owe them £56

Aggie65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help needed please. I got into trouble years ago and next sold my debt to a collection agency. I had a ccj with it to. I made a partieal settle ment to the agency and paid the cort to remove my ccj. I have a copy of this. I today recieved a letter saying I owe next the above amount. This is the "discount" the agency gave me. Can next do this? Thanks for your time

This is what happens if you do not get the partial settlement in writing. I would send them a copy of the satisfied CCJ and tell them to take a running jump.

I cannot understand why they would give you a partial settlement on a CCJ though?

I have the partial settlement in writing from the debt collection company. Then I also have a letter telling me that payment has been accepted and I should write to the court to get the ccj removed?. I have no idea how any of this works.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

I haven't got a scanner. I'm so sorry for this. Letter from Howard Cohen and co solicitors.

Dear miss ....

In the Northampton county court, claim number ...... Next directory-£0.00

We acknowledge receipt of your payment in this matter received on 29th may 12

We can confirm that the amount due under the above judgement is now PAID IN FULL and you are at liberty to apply to the court for a certificate of satisfaction.

Please write to the court direct regarding cancellation/ satisfaction of entry in the register of county court judgments. You should submit a copy of this letter with your application evidence of satisfaction. There is a fee of £15 payable to the court. Cheques should be made payable to HMCTS.

Yours faithfully

Howard Cohen and co.

Next seem to have gone bonkers with my account too. I defaulted on my account some 2yrs ago. Lewis had it, I had Howard Cohen on my case trying for a ccj. Managed to get a consent order instead of a ccj & this gets paid every month by standing order.

Today I got a letter from Next telling me that if I don't pay them x amount by a certain date then it will be sold to a dca! Erm, wtf?!

I need to dig out all my papers on this account & find out what is goin on!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

That's exactly the same letter I got. Called next and the phone number the guy gave me is different to the one on the letter?. Very odd. But I'v been reading on hear and some ppl are saying if next didn't sell the debt over then the can still make a claim for the full lot of money? I bloody hope not I'v paid the debt collection agency alt of money in settlement. I'm gonna call them in the morning and see what they have to say

Methinks they've got a new office junior digging round in old files! I'm still paying mine and have no problems phoning them up in the week to shout at them. Plus, a shouty phone call will be getting directed at Lewis too! All recorded of course....

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

aggie, all you need do is make a copy of the letter you mention in a previous post that advises your CCJ is clear an that you can apply for a Certificate of satisfacton, and send it to the people who are pursuing you.

Did you actually get the Certificate of Satisfaction ? (not that it matters, I would have thought, but it would make life a lot easier for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi thanks for your response, this is stressing me out,next. Yes iv got certificate and confirmation letter from Lewis group stating my balance to there client is £0.00. I did get a discount but not a huge one for partial settlement. Can next then try and claim the discount I got? Thanks again

No, they cant - your certificate of satisfaction and letter confirming there is a £0 balance is sufficient and they should stop harrassing you. Make sure they are not updating your credit files with this sum as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Right just called next and the man I spoke to just said he will put it on his system that I have letters showing balance as zero. He said they will contact me if they need any more info. So fingers crossed this will be the end of it. Thank for all your help every one.

what are you doing paying a flippin dca

can i suggest you both get an sar off to next

get all the statements

and get reclaiming

you'll have loads of £12 fees and PPI to get back i bet.

next added £12 for everything

even unanswered phone calls to you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh no I didn't pay it. I told him that the debt was settled last year and I have the letters to prove it. He just said he would update his system. And If they needed any more info they would be in contact.

*insert expletive of choice here* Next!

Just tried to contact these numpties to find out what is going on. Firstly, the letter states to phone collections on a specific number between the hours of 2pm & 7pm, between Monday 11th March & Thursday 14th March. So, nobody would discuss it with me.

So I phoned the dca - Lewis's - who put me through to the sols who hold the consent order I am paying this debt under. Very helpful lady told me that they'd not had any new instructions from Next, the balance stated on the letter was wrong & so they are going to contact next on my behalf & speak to their contact.

Idiots! Looking more & more like an over zealous office junior by the minute!

[edit]. I did phone national debt line just to see what they said and the guy there rekons he would be very surprised if we even hear back from them again. Surely it's wrong to just pluck an amount out of the air and send letters to ppl saying they owe it.

i'd still getan sar off to next.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just spoken to sols - nice & quickly dealt with!

Yup, the numpties had marked their accounts to say the dca had closed the account, hence the letter.

Lady from sols has put them right & I continue as it is.

The annoying thing is that I could have cancelled the standing order thinking my debt was being paid to the wrong people & ended up with a ccj by default due to the terms of the consent order!

Time to write a complaint to Next about their misadministration of the account. Idiots.