Money back on used car purchase?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I viewed a used Citroen on Tuesday, and paid a £500 deposit by credit card. The deal was that if I paid in full by the end of the month (Thurs) they would prep the car ready for me by the following week, Tuesday (5 March) was suggested and I agreed.

I emailed the (main) dealer on Wednesday with some concerns about the car, and told them that to get everything right I would be happy to wait and extra day and collect on Wed 6th. (a few minor bits of trim were missing/broken & I wanted them fixed)

Had no reply to that, but Thurs I was duly phoned, told their email was not working but not to worry, they would do everything (but sounded a bit evasive) & Tues/Wed to collect would be fine, they would confirm which day tomorrow (Friday). I paid remaining balance of £8k part with credit card, part debit card.

I called late Friday afternoon, couldn't tell me a day as they were too busy (1st March being a big changover day) but they would phone Saturday (today). Had no call, phoned them, too busy to talk again but would phone me back, but never did.

I'm beginning to think that they aren't going to deliver the car (either in the condition or time) as promised, and am going off doing business with a dealer who takes my money then can be bothered to phone me when promised.

What are my rights here, if they don't get the car ready in time, would I stand any chance of getting my money back? Or would late delivery by one or two days not be regarded as a serious enough breach of contract for that? The contract I signed BTW, gives and estimated delivery date of 28/2/13, presumably as that was when they wanted my money by.

Thanks for any advice!

if its not delivered on time and in the condition stated, your in luck

you paid for it mostley with a credit card so you can claim all the money paid for it as the credit card are equally responsible

good thing is you only have to pay over 100 on the card for this to kick in, ie the deposit, the credit card becomes liable for the WHOLE amount regardless of the other form of payment.

example i bought a 52inch lcd 3d telly, it was 999.00

i put 101 on my credit card and paid the rest cash.

after a week the telly went bang and i had a big argument with the store who didnt want to change it.

i contacted the credit card and claimed all the money ( 999.00 ) back from them, it took 7 days to do