ESA Support group reviews and back pay if any

lee786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was moved from incap to the ESA work related group, since then had 1 ESA 50 review without a medical and passed... the DWP said on their record I would most likely get another in June 2013.

Dec 2012 I was called up for my first work focus interview at the jobcentre

they looked at my condition and advised I appeal to be placed in the support group.

Today I received a letter from the appeals officer saying the decision has been revised in my favour the letter is vague but I guess it means I have been placed in the support group

I have 2 questions

Will I still be up for review in June?

Support group pay is more than workgroup will I see back pay and if so when from?

CAG helped me beat my Lowells 2 debts :D:p

then I beat co-op costing them court fees :D:roll:

the support group mean you dont have to go for any WFI now until they next call for you to fill in the ESA50 questionnaire even though you have been placed in the support group you can still be asked to fill in the questionnaire in june there is no set time limit for people in the support group i know from experiance you can be called back again after 3 months or it can be 18 months as there is no set time limit

you will get a bit more Mooney though in the support group £32.35 is the support group weekly component id call them up and ask them how long you have been placed in the support group for and if there is any back pay owed which i think there will be if the decision was wrong in the first place it will be from the date you was awarded the WRAG group

The support group component is £34.05 now. If you're on a low income, (ie, little or no savings and no partner) you may also receive an enhanced disability premium of £14.80 per week.

Your IB might be more than the support group.

I don't really understand it because they don't make it understandable really lol

I guess from looking at my breakdown of benefit I won't see an increase because I get a topup payment to ensure I don't see a decrease in the level of benefit

because my incap was paid at a higher rate then ESA work related group is

I think the top up payment will get lowered and I will get the same.

If you was on IB I expect like me they wont auto pay you the enhanced disability premium. As you are probably on CB ESA not IR ESA.

Advice I got told (not from here) told me to get the IR ESA topup payment there is a ESA 3 form to allow the IR topups. However I was then also told those with transitional protection cannot get the IR topups even if lower.

If you had full age addition on IB then the SG component wont make an effect, but if you can get the EDP it will.

On top of this it will I believe have a positive effect as well on housing benefit and council tax benefit if you claim those.

The difference between WRAG and Support is £5.90 per week.

(would be the amount of backpay per week owing from the date given on the reconsideration)

you can call and ask them regarding the length of award.

Any amount of IR ESA will give you full housing benefit and council tax. (until the council tax changes come in April)

yep thats why I said I believe, I just wasnt 100% sure because it is topup not full IR, thanks for confirming.

I plan to ask for this ESA 3 form this week. Before saturday I didnt know the name of the form.

With regard to back payments, I'm actually quite stunned at how fast mine has been credited. I missed a phone call from the DWP on Thursday (28/02/13), called them on Friday (01/03/12) and they confirmed I'd been placed straight into the support group. Today (05/03/13) my bank has been credited with payments going back to the 13 week point (including the additional Enhanced Disability Premium). I haven't even had written confirmation yet of the 'upgrade'!

Bloody Hell Rae ...

You're not wrong there. Especially when you consider ATOS were very very slow sending out the ESA50 (took them just under a year to do so). It would have been quicker to go to a Tribunal! But, with 53 weeks back payments, suffice it to say I'm a very happy bunny just now ... :cheer2:

well I called them Monday

was totally pointless I didn't get any of my questions answered apart from them telling me I am back up for review in june.

they didn't know if my money was going up or anything ....total waste of money phoning them.

• 1 year later...

I went for my second WCA on 10/03/2014 and I found out two weeks later that I'd been put in the support group and my benefits had been paid back from November 2013 at one rate and then from January 2014, including the disability premium. It took five days for the money they owed me to be put into the bank. I'm still on cloud nine after the news because I've had 15 months of sheer hell with ATOS, the DWP and the tribunal service.