Bipolar disorder and ESA

tickle cough
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've recently just been discharged from hospital after a lengthy admission and been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Not claimed any benefits before so was just wondering whats out there for me, Can somebody get into the support group for bipolar type one. I'm getting a support package from social services if that's any help?

experienced advisors on here will give you more than I can...but what I can say is that its the effect that the illness has on you doing daily tasks etc that they need to know when applying for benefit. I have bipolar, and for me any change in a day, strangers coming to my home, stress, unexpected anything...can all wobble me, I have a routine in place to help me manage better than before but these things wobble my ability to do it, which usually results in things unravelling fairly quickly. getting across on the forms of how your affected by your illness is important...and not just what your illness is and what the meds are etc. I would think and hope the support package from social services would be of great help.

hang on here and you will get solid advice from someone with the knowledge.......meanwhile...Good Luck.

my sister has mental health problems and she is currently in the support group of esa we had 2 tribunals before after they gave her 0 points but she was placed in it this year without a medical

do you have a cpn for your bipolar?

you can get the support group for mental health problems but it all depends on how it effect you on a day to day basis i know people with bi polar who rate in the work group and who are also in the support group so it does depends on how the illness effects you

you can also claim DLA too for mental health but you will be assessed under PIP now if im not mistaken but its worth a try

hope this helps