Cancelling holiday insurance bought with Thomson.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and some friends booked a Thomas Cook holiday through a Thomson store.

We took out insurance with them, which we now wish to cancel (it's day 14 today).

I've phoned the shop this morning but they seem to be taking their time with it, I've since phoned again and stressed the importance of it being cancelled, "we are really quite busy, we'll do it as soon as we can"

My fear, if they don't action my request by 5pm tonight then they will close and we'll be stuck with the insurance?

Insurance is provided by AXA.

Can I cancel by phoning axa direct?

Many thanks,

S

update:

I've contacted AXA direct who say I need to contact the store in which I purchased the insurance. If the insurance wasn't cancelled then they would investigate it and refund if it turned out we had tried to cancel within the 14 days. Sadly I can't imagine my telephone call acting as proof.

Edited by Sheila117
update

I don't have the facility for recording a call, I have just a landline cordless and iPhone? I was able to find an email address for the store on the Thomson find a branch website so I emailed that and cc'd in the customer service email for Thomsons.

I rung again about an hour ago and the person I spoke to was busy with a customer so will ring again at 5pm ish, they close at 5.30.

Thanks,

S

I don't have the facility for recording a call, I have just a landline cordless and iPhone? I was able to find an email address for the store on the Thomson find a branch website so I emailed that and cc'd in the customer service email for Thomsons.

I rung again about an hour ago and the person I spoke to was busy with a customer so will ring again at 5pm ish, they close at 5.30.

Thanks,

S

I've used "Record Phone Calls" app by Blue Square Group to record calls from my iPhone.

No doubt other apps also work, but I've been happy with that one.

• Confused 1