Companies merge and changes to conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My company has merged with another and the other company's employees have been Tupe'd over to ours but now the management are trying to change some of the working conditions i.e. they start at 8.30 and us at 9 a.m. and we get 3 days at Christmas whereas the other company has to take those days out of their annual leave allowance. Can they change our conditions giving us less favourable terms based on a merger?

Many thanks for any advice.

you aren't the ones TUPEd over so you have less protection. Do you have a union? Seems like collective discussion is the way to go.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks for reply. No we don't have a union.

Also, this may be more complicated but if they are paid more how does this stand with sex discrimination i.e. men doing the same job as a woman but being paid more. Does that not stand if its TUPE? (maybe I should have started new thread).

I'm not aware of a speciic case on that but if it's a clear gender split I'd think Equality act would be required to be complied with. But again - you need some way of organising yourself as a group, strength in numbers and all that! A collective query holds more weight than a solo one.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I actually seem to recall that TUPE trumps the Equality Act for equal pay if the transfer is the only reason, but if its like work, it doesn't seem right. Similarly though, I suppose there shouldn't be a burden on an employer to change the terms of their whole workforce to something more favourable if they're entering into a TUPE transfer.