style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I managed to get myself into some debt for reasons I wont elaborate on... One of these debts was with Council Tax, I ended up getting a summons and ultimately the debt was passed on to a debt collector, I began paying what I could afford direct to the council following advice I found in numerous forums etc. The bailiff however continued to pursue the debt making a couple of visits to deliver demands but never knocking on the door. Just before I made the last couple of payments to the Council I received a letter claiming the bailiff had levied on a vehicle outside my house, the Council debt has now been paid and all that is left is the bailiff fees.

The Council Tax bill in question is from a period when I was a University student and therefore my name was not on the bill and it fell to my partner. The vehicle is mine but the debt is technically not, although I am actually the one paying it, we have contacted the bailiff office to explain the vehicle does not belong to the debtor, they refuse to talk to us and refer us to the bailiff, they bailiff of course refers us to his office. So I have written a letter explaining that the vehicle does not belong to the debtor and they replied that the contents had been noted and we should deal with the bailiff. We asked the bailiff for a breakdown as the council had been paid in full and we would pay their fees, which should be around £40 for 1st and 2nd visit, today I received a breakdown which still lists the levy. I have contacted the bailiff and he tells me to send another letter, this is getting boring now I just want to pay the £40 odd and be done with it. Is there some legal recourse to get the bailiff office to take note of me?

Appreciate any help guys thanks

I'll move your thread to the Bailiff Forum for further help with this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]