C L Finance/ Howerd Cohen threatening enforcement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, know this is an old thread but I am anxious to get an email address for these losers as they have sent me a weird letter for a thirteen year old debt that I paid 9 years ago in full! Have heard nothing from them since then and think they are attempting to [problem] me as the only contact on the weird looking letter I could barely see was in large print on back of the envelope a Chris Bullock and his mobile phone details. I am disabled, cannot use my hands at the moment to write and can only tell the computer to contact him with an email. I do have an old email for info@cattle.co.uk who are at the same address. I also recently looked them up and they have gone into administration. So why am I getting a letter something to do with they cannot visit me but want me to call before enforcement? Enforcement of what; they are debt collectors and it was a bank account with nothing owed on it! And why are they contacting me with something this old, especially now they have gone into Administration?

phising trip ignore it for now, or alternatively send a prove it letter along the lines of

Dear fools

Thanks for your recent missive, however I don't recall this ever being a debt and now put the onus on you to back up your demands with some tangible proof, failing any proof being provided I reserve the right to report your attempts to obtain monies by deception to the relevant authorities.

yours

a cagger

Also, make sure you issue a full complaint to the OFT about these muppets.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you: found an email address and found who they are: from part of the lewis group on behalf of the people above: so found a complaint email and have put in a complaint very much along the lines suggested. Have told them to prove it or go away and I have no idea what they are on about. Have also told them not to bother sending anyone to my home as they do not have my permission and if they do then they are in breach of trespass and told them to desist in contacting me. I have also stated that unless they can provide me with full details that I will not be co-operating with them in any case, as I believe that any account that I may have held is well and truly closed over seven to nine years ago, and as suggested is statute barred. In any event it is most likely to be an unsecured item and so not a priority debt as we are in financial difficulty in any event and they cannot force us to pay what we do not owe or are not able to afford. I have made a formal complaint to their head of compliance as on their website and told them I do not want any further contact, and consider the matter closed. I have no idea what they are on about in any case and if they do not explain it to me: then that it their hard luck. It is good to know that they cannot actually do anything. I also found out on the Net that the company they claim to represent has actually gone bankrupt about three years ago. Honestly, what a joke! Sounds as if someone has found a list of old debts with the company, do not have any information as to which ones are paid off and have just decided to chase all of them. They are not even bothered by the fact that they are chasing the wrong person, but these people never are.

Anyhow, have had a response saying it is being investigated and will get back in four weeks: if not will tell me why cannot get in touch, then 8 weeks, then 12, and then go to Ombudsman or please give up. Again, what a joke! Other possibility is that it is a [problem]: does anyone know an address for reporting these sorts of scams from so called DCA debts that do not exist? I did report one a few years ago, as got a letter from the police saying someone was running a [problem] pretending to be some bailiff and not to allow them in under any circumstances, not that I would anyhow, but I have no longer got the address to report them to.

Again thanks for the information and contact details: these clowns really are mystery people. Cheers.

As they are discussing enforcement, it sounds as though they may already have a CCJ. Have you moved in the last few years? Often claims are submitted to old addresses, then they suddenly manage to find you when they get default judgment.

I suggest you check your credit file for any evidence of defaults or a CCJ. Look up the Registry Trust also – for a few pounds you can search for any CCJs recorded against you, at your current or past addresses.

If this is the case, it would be easy to get it set aside.

These people are serious debt buyers and collectors – don’t take this lightly or dismissively, because they may still bite you, even if it is totally unwarranted.

Cattles accounts were usually loans, and linked to Welcome Finance.