Black Horse Loan Legal Proceedings - Lapsed?

Guyman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Black Horse issued Proceedings around 2 to 3 years ago for a debt I had with them.

I reached agreement with them to pay on a monthly basis and on that basis they agreed to take no further action with those Proceedings.

Copies of correspondence given to Court.

Now I am interested in what happens to those Proceedings.

I assume they will lapse at some stage?

If so will Black Horse be able to raise further Proceedings if I decide to stop paying?

I would have thought that this may be considered an Abuse?

Any advice would be welcome.

I think they would take you back to the Court, obviously depending on the amount outstanding. The court hearing was delayed because you made an agreement to pay, and the court has a copy of the correspondence relating to your agreement.

I'm not certain if there is a time limit - I don't think so - but as Black Horse agreed to stop proceedings as you intended to pay I can't see why they wouldn't go back to the Court if you stop paying. Did you receive any kind of Order from the Court at the time?

No order at all. Just issued and agreed to take no further action. I would assume that The Proceedings would lapse after a period of time? In Personal Injury Litigation you could struck the claim out if the first lapsed after a period of time as the would be considered an Abusive process.

Don't make assumptions about what happened to the proceedings, you need to be sure. I would go back through your old court documents to see if the proceedings were stayed or disposed of, if you are unsure then check with the court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Guyman

Would Consent Order or Tomlin Order ring any bells?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok well in that case if not notice of discontinuance or notice of withdrawal was issued the matter will be stayed.They would require court permission to resume the claim for what ever reason.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread