NCP Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I was driven to a shopping area and used a PRIVATE NCP car park, We obtained a ticket and drove in, we found a Disability Parking Area and I displayed my Blue Disabled Badge on the Dash Board. When we returned to the car, a Fixed Penalty Notice was attached to the windscreen, stating I was liable to a £100 charge because the Badge date had expired. The date had expired without me noticing, and Social Services are now arranging a replacement.

Can NCP really apply this charge. Have they any right in law to enforce such a charge/

The NCP note says. Parking Contravention Charge Notice

Private car park ran by a private company usign the word "charge" = ignore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Doesnt matter what the phone says. It's what the ticket and signs say.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

In that case it doesn't matter what the ticket and signs say either. To appeal to POPLA would give instant cancellation.

I don't think NCP have contracts to manage their own car parks. The operative word is actually "Parking" and not "Charge".

The best way to handle a PCN at the moment is in 3 steps. Step 1. Appeal to PPC (you will not win). Step 2 Appeal to POPLA (thier decisions are still being tested so to early to say, but let's assume you lose again) Step 3 Send a CEASE & DESIST letter to PPC instructing them to seek damages through the courts. Also inform them thay further letters from them will be charged for at, let's say £20. By doing the 3 steps, you have followed reasonable protocol and a court will more lily to be on your side.