XEROX printer failed, just over 1 year old - help needed

gavva1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I bought a XEROX COLORQUBE 8570 solid-ink printer in January 2012, from a large online store. I phoned the order in, as I was originally going to buy an Epson inkjet, & was "pitched" this printer as the next big thing - the supposed cost-saving on solid ink swung it. I registered it with XEROX immediately.

In April it went faulty, XEROX sent an engineer round, who stripped the thing down & reset some gears on the side of it. I wasn't happy that it had fallen over so soon, & the engineer mentioned "these models are quite "temperamental", & he had plenty of calls to them.

A few days ago it developed another fault, I called XEROX & surprise surprise - Because the warranty is out, it would be another callout at £305 INITIALLY, plus the repair bill. The Printer cost £400- new, & has done VERY LITTLE work, maybe 300 pages. I can prove this from the page count. ( it is STILL on the initial inks that came with it new).

I refused this, & contacted the retailer. They initially tried to fob me off, I stayed calm & informed them I would be taking this to the small claims court if necessary, as this printer isn't fit for purpose, in my opinion. I said I'd write an email to the manager, stating all of this.

Pls let me know where I stand on this, I want rid of this thing now & all/some of my money back. I wonder if the engineers' comments would constitute an "inherent fault", I would settle for the cost of the unit in a credit note to get the Epson I originally was after, I am willing to fight this one in the court if necessary.

Also, I understood from another thread, that under EU Law (hooray) I am entitled to 2 years on this electrical item, & that this law supercedes the contract of sale?

Any help much appreciated

Soga

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've read through the Act, what I'm unsure of is whether I can force the retailer to accept this printer back, it is not up to it, but they're hiding behind the expired 1 year warranty - I don't want to go in "guns blazing" if I can't back it up. Can anybody give me a brief overview of what I can demand here?

Read soga again. It doesnt state a specific time period, but says somethign along the lines of reasonable time. This is normally taken to be a couple of years.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D