Car Craft Waranty/Loan **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and I purchased a vehicle from Carcraft feb 2007

the salesman was very pushy but seemed genuine.

He convinced us to purchase the 3 year NAC warranty,

which later we read through and discovered the warranty wasn't worth the £2500 we were paying for due to the Terms and Conditions.

But our problems started when I was involved in an accident in December 07 which I was at fault,

we had purchased GAP insurance so the finance on the car was covered, so we thought, all except the Warranty.

The car was written off, and the insurance had paid off the finance,

a few months later we received a letter from All In One Finance telling us we still had outstanding payments for the Warranty,

I explained I thought it would have been covered by the insurance but we were told we weren't and had to continue to pay for the Warranty.

This was argued between ourselves, Carcraft and the finance company.

We wrote a letter of complaint to Carcraft and received a response quite quickly but we were told they wouldn't take it further.

My partner went to speak to the Salesman who sold us the Warranty at the Birtley Branch of Carcraft

and he himself told my partner the Warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on,

and that they had been inundated with complaints.

We gave up, exhausted, but by this time it had gone to a debt collection agency called Gothia

but my partner and I had just been made redundant so we came to the agreement of paying only £10 per month,

which we are still paying.

But all in all my basic point is should we be continuing to pay for a warranty (which still has an outstanding balance of £1641.76)

for a car which is not only out of our hands but has been crushed?

Please Help!

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Orange - £128 - £39 remain although CRA file states £11

Orange - £132 - £51.06 remain although CRA file states £45

Next stage F&F's to be sent - a step closer to being debt free

• 3 years later...

Hi, I posted on here back in 2009 about car crafts warranty and nobody replied. I have just returned from the bank after being denied an overdraft due to carcrafty's warranty debt.

my husband and i bought a car from car craft back in 2007. After 3 hours we managed to get finance and talked into getting GAP insurance and the 3 years NAC warranty.

Late in 2007 I was involved in a car accident and the car was wrote off, due to us taking out gap insurance the finance on the car was covered....so we thought until we started to receive debt collection letters from All in one Finance.

It later transpired the we weren't paying for a warranty we were paying for a loan which paid for the warranty which was never explained to us.

We have been paying £10 per month to now Empingham DCA and have been for 5 years and will continue for the next 9.5 years.

Surely the gap insurance should have covered this additional finance? if not what can we do??

Desperatly seeking help as this is affecting our finance and will continue to do so for the next 10 years!!!!!!!

PS - we have absolutly no paperwork!

Edited by Akasha8uk

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Hi, thanks for the heads up, I have read the other post and yes its similar to the problem we had/have, problem is we have been paying it for 5 years now, it was originally £2500 and we only owe £1150 now but we felt we shouldn't of had to pay it but we panicked when the DCA letters started coming through the door so we just paid it well set up a payment plan of £10 pm and nobody helped me in the past post left about car craft so we just assumed it was a lost cause.

Also the free warranty was never offered to us!

Would linzi be able to look into our case?

yes send here a PM

with link to this thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stop the payments now!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would suspect carcraft have not been seeing a PENYY of the money

dx

and they

payments have now been stopped:

this is the link from the original post left back in 2009: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?193603-Carcraft-All-In-One-Finance-NAC-Warranty&p=2093493#post2093493

merged already.

dx

and they

golith no wonder

and of course yhey passed you around

hey look we,ve found this mug

you try,, they cough easy!!

fleeced blind sadly.

linzi i really do hope that wherever the payments have gone

you get EVERY PENNY this user has been fleeced of back.

dx

and they

That's awesome thanks DX. I have PM'd Linzi and hopefully we can get something resolved.

5 years has been long enough and we can no longer keep going on with this dark cloud over us!

just out of curiosity what do you mean carcraft wouldn't have received a penny of this? If not them who did?? I'm sure the salesmen received a canny commission bonus!

the names of the two dca's

well known fleecers.

this is where 75% of money paid to DCA's goes..direct to their pockets...

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

dx

and they

That makes me physically sick!! We are unable to get a simple overdraft because of filthy thieving people like him! He's certainly no robin hood!! but he is a prince of thieves! Sickening

thats why debt collection is such a big business

easy money..

couple of letters

people think DCA's are bailiffs

they are not

they have NO LEGAL POWERS LIKE THEM at all.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

Hi just wondered how long it usually takes for Linzi to reply back, I have sent a PM and haven't heard anything back yet and noticed she had logged on this morning.

***UPDATE***

I have been in contact with Linzi over the last feww days and she has just left me this response:D

Dear ....

i have liaised with the manager at All in One Finance and explained the situation you have now found yourself in

and we can sympathise with the circumstances around your complaint.

Whilst you still have a debt for a product that you purchased from Carcraft,

we have had a look at your account and what you have paid for the loan so far.

Under the circumstances we would like to offer you, purely as a goodwill gesture, to write off the outstanding amount you have left to pay and close the account.

This will mean that you no longer have to pay £10 for the next 9.5 years.

Any payments that you have made to date will not be able to be refunded.

As from next month when the account has been closed, your credit file will be amended to state ‘satisfied’.

I trust you will be happy with this outcome, but if you have any questions,

please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regardsLinzi

This has been an incredible result.

A huge thank to Linzi!!!

hey linzi strikes again!

what date is the dafault on your file

dx

and they

"Satisfied" is not good enough as it will still affect your credit file. They need to remove the default entirely. Did you have two separate finance agreements, one for the car and one for the warranty?

Surely in the event of car been written off the T & Cs should mention cancellation of the policy. I would look at "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts" and see if terms in the warranty relating to cancellation are unfair.

The other thing is to check what would have been covered and if you were under the impression that everything was covered except wear and tear but isn't, there may be grounds for misrepresentation. Seems ridiculous that you have to pay for a warranty on a non existent car.

the whole situation was a giant case of misinterpretation, I am extremely thanksful to Linzi but I have learned my lesson well and I will never use CarCraft again and I will continue to advice people not to do so. Their sales tactics are successful but cruel. I could push this further but I am just happy to no have to repay the £1259 outstanding which was quoted to me yesterday by Empingham.

the whole situation was a giant case of misinterpretation, I am extremely thanksful to Linzi but I have learned my lesson well and I will never use CarCraft again and I will continue to advice people not to do so. Their sales tactics are successful but cruel. I could push this further but I am just happy to no have to repay the £1259 outstanding which was quoted to me yesterday by Empingham.

What about the default on your credit file which is the same as having a CCJ?

I will check today, it's in my husbands name so the default will appear on his credit file.Thanks for the heads up

Although I would like to think this is over Empingham have been houding us to up our repayments, last night I told him All in one Finance were writing the debt off and he sent me the following:Good Morning Mr Greener, The account has not been written off it has been sold to Gothia a debt purchase company. You can of course check this with All in One. Thereafter please confirm the offer you wish to be considered. Regards MICM Debt Purchase ManagerIf Gothia have purchased the debt from All in one Finance where does that leave us?

let him dream on

linzi's action prob haven't landed yet.

dx

and they

I have spoken to the wonderful Linzi and she is getting the All in One Finance manager to contact Gothia. Finger crossed! 1 debt down 5 to go!