I dont know where to start (swift secure loan)

silsal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I took out a secure loan on my previous property in 2005 with swift advances, I paid of the loan in full in 2006. I have no records at all. I dont know what charges were made.

Is it too late for me to reclaim any unfair charges and how do I go about it. This is a first for me and I am finding it very confusing. I have just phoned my mortgage lender at the time GMAC who said I am owed 76 pounds form them in unfair charges they said they will post me a cheque.

Also when I paid the swift loan off I remortged with PREFFERED mortgages could I have a claim against them.

Thanks in advance for any replies, I have never reclaimed anything and am finding this a bit of a nightmare

:jaw:

Here is a helpful template from the CAG site http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?706-mortgage-arrears-charges

Well done for escaping!

Thanks, I will let you know what they say, I know a lot of people have had no luck with them but I recently saw someone over on the moneysaving expert site took them to court and won, that was January this year

I have a reply from swift, I am not going to post it here in case they are monitoring but I would like some help if anyone would be willing I would private message them

I would advise you to keep everything on the open forum. This protects both you and them. It ensures that bad advice can be corrected, and that you can get a mix of ideas, not to mention that an open thread can help more than just you.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.