lloyds debt paid off to gregory penningtons DMC - but money seems to have not got through?

Ustasi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

First of all, if this is not in the correct place I apologise and could an admin move it as appropriate :wink:

A bit of history:

Whilst at Uni in the early 2000's I ran up a debt of approx £7000.

After many years of ignoring this I entered into an agreement with Gregory Pennington Ltd for debt management.

Scroll forward to Dec 2010 I finally paid everything off.

Scroll forward to now, I signed up to Noddle to check my credit rating for the first time in years :|.

On it there is a defaulted debt for approx £700.

Now I am pretty sure this was included in my plan.

The original debt was closer to £2000 and the only payments I paid to my creditors were via GPL.

So I believe this is an error.

The default date is 24/01/2007, but the record was last updated on 30/11/2012.

Now the first thing I would normally do is to check my correspondence from GPL,

however we had a fire last year and I lost approx 99% of this.

So my questions are:

1) I believe this debt is Statute Barred as the default date is 24/01/2007 (6 years 10 days ago). This as I understand would make the debt unenforceable i.e.. a CCJ. Is this correct?

2) If the debt is SB it should be removed from my Credit Report, however if I request this and it is not SB does this count as acknowledging the debt in writing, therefore resetting the SB clock?

3) if the debt was included on my payment plan by GPL and it has not been cleared are GPL liable for it (obvs I will have to speak to GPL to get copies of my statements etc)?

4) Has anybody got any advise or ideas that I can use (I ran up the debt and have no wish to avoid paying it if I am liable however if it is SB then I will not pay it as its Lloyds mess not mine or GPL if they included it on my plan but did not pay it)?

Thanks in advance

Ustasi

P.S. Great forum and some sound advice being given, wish I had seen it when I was at University and all the hassle could have been avoided!

oh dear not our greg

lots of reports that they dont actually filter whats left of your money after they take their fees away

throught to the debts you have.

anyhow

there is light at the end of the tunnel

if the defaulted date of the debt is 24/01/2007

then it will be gone in a few weeks.

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years has passed from date of default,

whether paid off or not.

This is so that someone who continues paying something even after 6 years from default should not be at a disadvantage

to someone who pays nothing after default and ends up with a clean file after 6 years.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ahhh

Well in fairness to Greg :D (from what I remember)

the plan was completed in the time frame they quoted and I had statement off them every 6 month detailing where the money went

(cant check them as they burnt to a crisp keeping us all warm waiting for the Fire Brigade lol).

Im more inclined to believe its a mistake from Lloyds side and the CRF was never updated properly,

but who knows and if its SB then who cares! lol.

Think Ill leave it a few months to confirm the SB then write to Greg asking for copies of all correspondence,

statement etc (sorry cant recall what its called) and figure it out from there.

Ustasi

Ahhh

I'm more inclined to believe its a mistake from Lloyds side and the CRF was never updated properly, but who knows and if its SB then who cares! lol.

Think Ill leave it a few months to confirm the SB then write to Greg asking for copies of all correspondence, statement etc (sorry can't recall what its called) and figure it out from there.

Ustasi

Sounds like usual speed for Lloyds to me. I know a couple of people who found that lloyds would hassle them for a couple of days on end because their records never updated on time...

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

Thanks All

Decided to take the plunge and have sent a request via Noddle to remove the "debt" as it has been paid, also just to cover my back I have also sent a request to remove it as it is Statute Bared. Will let you know the outcome.

Ustasi

It is NOT statute barred. You were paying the debt. It will drop off the files yes but it will not become SB'd for 6 years after your last written acknowledgement of it. You need to get GP to send you a statement of the account so you can see what the situation is.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!