How do I address this debt with Cabot Financial

Leesha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am in need of help, advise and guidance because I now feel helpless.

I signed up to do a computer course back in 2007 with skills train.

The sales person came to my house and I stupidly signed the contract with career development finance without doing any research.

I realized after two months that I could not do the course at all as the course material was not very easy to understand plus I realised that the company had a bad reputation.

I contacted skills train and they said they couldnt help me.

I continued to pay 75 pounds monthly for a while, however I could not afford that amount when I fell pregnant and had to live off statutory maternity pay in 2008.

During this time, the debt was passed on to Cabot Finance, and they agreed that I make minimum payment of 10 pounds a month. I carried on paying the 10 pounds.

However, I received a letter from a company called The Credit Information Bureau on friday.

The letter stated that account has been recalled by Cabot Financial.

I have also received a letter from Cabolt today who are now claiming that they (Cabot) have recalled my account

and the letter states that ''the most important thing for you to now is contact us to discuss way of payment''

I honestly do not recall ever speaking to anyone from 'The Credit Information Bureau' and I have paid the agreed 10 pounds since 2008.

I am absolutely terified of contacting these DCA especially now that I am out of work and a full time student and single parent. I would be grateful for any advise given.

Kind Regards,

Leesha

Thanks for the warm welcome seanmarts and sir gilmour. I have read few posts in the forum which I think relates to my circumstance. But I could do with some pointers as to whether to send a CCA to Cabot financial as soon as possible and also maybe to contact skills train and request for a copy of the agreement? Please any advise will be helpful

Kind Regards,

Hello,

I have found a coppy of CCA letter in the library, should I edit and sent it to Cobat? Also is it possible that there could be PPI on the loan? I feel like I'm going round in circles here. I have checked my CRA file and the loan had never reflected in my file.

Hello,

I am in need of help, advise and guidance because I now feel helpless.

I signed up to do a computer course back in 2007 with skills train.

The sales person came to my house and I stupidly signed the contract with career development finance without doing any research.

I realized after two months that I could not do the course at all as the course material was not very easy to understand plus I realised that the company had a bad reputation.

I contacted skills train and they basically said they couldnt help me.

I continued to pay 75 pounds monthly for a while,

however I could not afford that amount when I fell pregnant and had to live off statutory maternity pay in 2008.

During this time, the debt was passed on to Cabot Finance, and they agreed that I make minimum payment of 10 pounds a month. I carried on paying the 10 pounds.

However, I received a letter from a company called The Credit Information Bureau on friday.

The letter stated that account has been recalled by Cabot Financial.

And I have also received a letter from Cabolt today who are now claiming that they (Cabot) have recalled my account and the letter states

that ''the most important thing for you to now is contact us to discuss way of payment''

I honestly do not recall ever speaking to anyone from 'The Credit Information Bureau' and I have paid the agreed 10 pounds since 2008.

I am absolutely terified of contacting these debt collection agency especially now that I am out of work and a full time student and single parent. I would be grateful for any advise given.

Kind Regards,

Leesha

You may get some pointers from this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?100847-The-Credit-Information-Bureau or this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?66113-lenny100-v-Credit-infomation-bureu

Might be appropriate to ask for a CCA and possibly a SAR to see what comes back. Without doubt you should not be offering to pay any more than you are.

Threads merged.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

You should simply write back advising that you are not in a position to pay any more than you already are.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

'Credit Information Bureau' - That's a yank company isn't it. I wouldn't take any notice at all of what some foreign company has to say.

What was the initial amount of the finance and how much have you paid off ?

Who was the finance originally with ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO i would stop paying ANYONE.

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

you DO NOT have to speak to them

and NEVER EVER discuss your debts on the phone

to ANY ONE!!

me thinks you've been had as a cash cow

and crapbot have just passed you around..

here this mujg is paying nicely after a couple of threat-o-grams

you have some too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

two threads merged and tidied

dx

and they

How much was this course? Have you had statements at all??

I haven't had any statements at all and I don't know how to request for statements. The course was for £2700. I did not do the course at all.

IMHO i would stop paying ANYONE.

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

you DO NOT have to speak to them

and NEVER EVER discuss your debts on the phone

to ANY ONE!!

me thinks you've been had as a cash cow

and crapbot have just passed you around..

here this mujg is paying nicely after a couple of threat-o-grams

you have some too.

dx

Thanks dx, I guess I am just worried about my credit report although the debt is not on my CRA yet.

did you read that thread i posted.

dx

and they

Leesh, You need to ask Crapbot for a statement of the account showing ALL payments made asap, check all your records of payment over ALL the years you have been paying you may well be paying when there is no debt left to pay.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Leesh, You need to ask Crapbot for a statement of the account showing ALL payments made asap, check all your records of payment over ALL the years you have been paying you may well be paying when there is no debt left to pay.

Thanks a lot dx and Brigadier, how do I request for statement from the DCA? Is there a specific letter/format that I need to use for this? Thanks dx, i read that thread about skillstrain and its great.

/

legally you should of been getting a statement from them better than every 6mts!!

another sign of cash cowing!!

brig is away for 7 days

and they

you need to do as post 9

then decide YOUR next action

whatever you do DO NOT PAY ANOTHER PENNY TO ANYONE.

dx

and they