Sky early termination charge **Resolved**

bluebear1872
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just want to know where I stand with sky

In June 2011 I took out a new full sky package which I understood had a 1year contract. Forward to June 2012 I phone sky to cancel the sports and movie packages to reduce my bill. I was offered the movies for a further 6 months at half price I was also told I could still cancel them at any time I accepted. As I knew come the dec I was moving in with my girlfriend who has the full sky package So in dec I phoned up to cancel my sky. No problems

Forward to today. I get a letter saying I owe sky £79 early termination fees. I phone sky to be told my account has an excess balance of £6. So I explain the letter. The operative goes of to check and comes back with

" when you took the movie deal in June you renewed yourself to a year long contract"

I certainly wasn't told this not would I have taken if as I knew I would be cancelling sky in dec

I have a note of their. Complaints team address. I just wonder if anybody else has had this nasty little surprise spring on them by sky and how they managed to resolve it

Any advice gratefully accepted

Bluebear1872

Hi Bluebear,

Certainly doesn't sound correct at all as if they except a cancellation they do not hold for any early termination charges - as if you do request to cancel and you still under contract you normally have to pay an early termination charge by card over the phone at the time of cancellation.

It does sound like and admin error and should be easily resolved with a quick email or call.

Ida x

I see you have already called so i don't know why it wasn't sorted them so give them a quick email

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi thanks for your responses I emailed sky highlighting the fact I had never been informed that I had allegedly renewed a year long contract and invited them to prove otherwise by checking the recording of the call and if they disputed it then I would require a full transcript of all that was said

I just received an email stating yes I had renewed but as a gesture of goodwill they will waive the termination fee. Result

Thanks again

Bluebear1872

I guess they have to prove the agreement anyway so well done!

Good result

I had the same with AOL lies & poor service after alternative BB set up then stopped the payments and they

said you can`t!

See you in court then! Never heard a thing.