Small Claims judgement for 25 pounds

dc5c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my online shopping went wrong, I paid money but never saw the purchased item. Cutting the story short, I used the Money Claim Online court to recover the money. The seller (a limited company in England) didn't respond to the claim and the court issued a judgement as I requested.

The judgement is for 25 pounds. I cannot request a warrant online and send bailiffs as the minimum amount for a warrant is 50 pounds. Is the money unrecoverable if it's below 50?

I'm assuming the seller is able but not willing to pay. I don't know where they have a bank account so a third party debt order is out of question.

Please advice if there is anything I can do to enforce the judgement?

Edited by dc5c

Surely your court fee puts it over £50 (£30)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, my online shopping went wrong, I paid money but never saw the purchased item. Cutting the story short, I used the Money Claim Online court to recover the money. The seller (a limited company in England) didn't respond to the claim and the court issued a judgement as I requested.

The judgement is for 25 pounds. I cannot request a warrant online and send bailiffs as the minimum amount for a warrant is 50 pounds. Is the money unrecoverable if it's below 50?

I'm assuming the seller is able but not willing to pay. I don't know where they have a bank account so a third party debt order is out of question.

Please advice if there is anything I can do to enforce the judgement?

Is the Defendant aware of the CCJ? Send them a copy and ask for the monies. For the sake of £25.00 I think they will pay to get rid of the CCJ.

If the time limit to pay has already expired Gany they already have one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Is the Defendant aware of the CCJ? Send them a copy and ask for the monies. For the sake of £25.00 I think they will pay to get rid of the CCJ.

Thanks. They actually paid the day after I posted on this forum.

If they hadn't done so what options would have been available? Bailiff option was unavailable (amount too small), 3rd party debtors tricky (don't know details of the company's bank account). You said they would pay to get rid of the CCJ. why they would be bothered about about unenforced ccj?

you cannot apply for a wind-up for less than 750 pounds, pls correct me if I'm wrong

You can apply to the court to ‘wind up’ a company if it can’t pay its debts of more than £750.

Regards

Andy

you cannot apply for a wind-up for less than 750 pounds, pls correct me if I'm wrong

There are actually a number of different grounds you can rely on to wind-up a company, these are set out in s122 Insolvency Act 1986. One of the grounds involves the company not paying a debt of more than £750 for three weeks after being served with a statutory demand - this is the easiest way but it is not the only way.

For a debt of less than £750 you could use the ground "the court is of the opinion that it is just and equitable that the company should be wound up". If a company persistently refuses to pay a debt and you have exhausted other options, then I think a court would be inclined to wind-up a company on this ground if the debt still doesn't get paid.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

You can apply to wind-up a company on a number of different grounds as set out in s122 Insolvency Act 1986. One of those grounds is that the company owes a debt of more than £750 and the creditor has served a statory demand. This is the simplest ground.

However, it is not the only ground you can use. For a debt of less than £750 you could use the ground "the court is of the opinion that it is just and equitable that the company should be wound up". If a company persistently refuses to pay a debt and you have exhausted other options, then I think a court would be inclined to wind-up the company if the debt still doesn't get paid.

But not for £25 so irrelevant.

Regards

Andy