Ideal World

tomlittley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I bought two items from Ideal World 2 months ago on Flexi Pay. A Ryobi Leafblow and The Yellow steam mop. The leaf blow is fine but the Steam Mop is aload of old tosh(Putting it mildly) It keeps on getting clogged up so I have toregularly take it apart and poke at the steam nozzle to get it working again. Idon’t think this is reasonable for an item that is only 2 months old and Iwould consider it not fit for purpose.

What my issue is that the debit card I used on flexi pay was cancelled withmy bank (By myself) so Ideal wrote to ask for another number or they would tryagain on the 19/1/2013 for the last payment of £44.00. I called their CustomerCare and explained that I need to get the steam mop sorted and to give them mynew card details. Just as I was about to give them card details I had anepiphany and said to the customer service person that I did not feel happygiving them the £44.00 for a item that is not working. Even though they haveagreed to fix the item I will be without a steam mop but would of been relivedof £44.00! (The steam mop cost £60.00 originally) The CS explained that if I didn’tpay it they will try again for the payment and charge me £12.50 when it bounces.Do I have any right to withhold payment until I have received a fully workingproduct or have ideal got me by the b****k's and I should just pay up? This ismore a principle than trying to pay my dues.

Thank you