Accused of theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

edited

below is the email i sent to ceo and customer service of tesco. now I m waiting for their response. 22nd Jan is the last day I give to them.

I make a big complain here, and would like to take tesco to court seriously if the problem could not be solved properly on time.

28th. Dec. 2012, for personal reason I stayed a whole night in extra tesco WD17 2BD. It s between Christmas and new year , a happy day . I got ready to leave there anytime if the staff said I could not stay there for long time. About 8 or 9pm I bought some food over £2 and stayed in the chair of krispy kreme donuts in the corner of tesco. I had asked one staff of krispy if I could stayed there. By then almost no customer s there. He said yes to me friendly. I sitted there , read a novel book I taken quietly for most of time in the night .

About 6 am 29th. One secure man came up to me and said I watched you all night and what what. I said I know what s the meaning of yours and stood up and went out of tesco door. Just about 2 steps away out of the door, the man stopped me and asked me for the receipt. I felt so strange as the alarm door did not sound. I m not sure as maybe I put receipt in the bin . I did not show receipt to him. another secure man and the team leader and another staff lady. They showed up . I could not leave.

I called police. When I asked them the police number, they told me ˜999' . after I called 999 , later they told me ˜101™.

When I stood there, about 2 steps away from the tesco door and waited for the police, one by one , they asked me to stand inside near the door. I said I would like to stay there.

There something happened shocked me. The three man including the team leader cycled and ˜stick on' me , the 2 bigger secure men grapped my arms strongly, pulled me by force completely to go in door and to an small offce without window about 20 or 30 metres away. I struggled and asked loudly to other customers to help me to call police.

In the office , the secure man grapped my arm , pushed me by force into a chair when I stood there. He said sth. Like ˜ Chinese , chinese passport. Non “euro'. And kept ˜what what what ˜.

The police came to and checked my bags and talked with them, then said I could go. It s about 7.30am.

During the whole time, all your secure staffs had never asked to checked my tesco bag. It s unusual.

The points are,

1.if any customer does not show the receipt , could you be sure and could prove they stolen ?

2. I m a lady , the two secure men are much more bigger then me. by then when we were waiting for the police, the staffs of yours didnot know if I had the receipt or not as they kept asking me to show it till the police came to , and I called the police and kept waiting . By this situation, it s necessary and right for them to do so by violence just cause they said they were cold?

3. it should be easy for tesco to check out if I paid or not paid. What I did in tesco. If you want .

What I ask for are,

1.formal public apologize .

2. compensation.

Please reply in 14 days.

Thanks.

here are other things(not include in the email to tesco) ,

1. the food over £2 , are discount food. about £0.19 per bag banana and about £0.30 meat, and some like that.

2. I work full time with not so much wage. but could not use public fund. so could not pay for a solicitor.

3.. when I stayed in krispy kreme in night, I ate some of banana and meat, and put the rubbish tesco bag to the bin. the receipt should be in the bag then . the securety man said he saw me got out of tesco at night and came back, that was while I put them to the bin.

4. the reason i stayed in tesco in night was, I changed my address by then. I gave notice the old landlord , so i must move out. the new address tenant 's notice was one week later after mine. I thought I were clever to find some public safe area to spend this one week. but got so disgusting experience in tesco.

5. if tesco insists on their behaviours were right, where is my right?

Edited by baijiabaijia
edited

Hi I have edited some of your posts.

We are a self help cite and cannot recommend lawyers etc

I have also edited the title of your thread?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Why do you think you had the right to stay in that store all night???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

lucky it was 1

I thought I were clever to find some public safe area to spend this one week.

a hotel would of been the right thing to do Tesco's is not a drop in center.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

You will have to put it down to experience. Tesco are within their rights to ask you for a receipt. You might get an apology but staying in Tesco overnight isn't acceptable. As for compensation I don't think you have any chance and forget taking them to court. It would get struck out in the first instance because Tesco could say you were trespassing. You don't have funds for legal representation, it's hard enough going to court representing yourself when English is your first language. I'm sorry to tell you I think you are wasting your time with legal action

scotgal 

Sadly I think that Tesco will struggle to understand exactly what your complaint is. I appreciate that English may not be your first language, but it really isn't clear what damage you have suffered, or why you think Tesco are to blame. As I understand it, you spent the night in the store (Krispy Kreme is a store within a store, so still Tesco property) and you were accused of shoplifting? Shoplifting what? I understand that you purchased food, but that did not give you the right to remain there for the night - I am sure that the KK assistant did not believe that you were staying ALL night?

If I am correct, your main point is that the security guards asked you to come back into the store but you refused? They then forced you into the store? The police attended at your request and said you had done nothing wrong? You might well have an argument over false arrest, but you do not make that clear in your letter.

You say that 3 men including a Team leader cycled at you and then stuck it on you? What? A bike? Did it injure you? That could be assault, but again you do not make it clear exactly what you are complaining about. You should have complained about that to the police when they came.

I think you could have benefited from getting some help with your letter before sending it. That might get you an apology, but as for compensation, or taking them to Court - absolutely not in my opinion unless you suffered some form of damage

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It's safe to assume that anyone has the right to be in the store, be it all night until the time you are asked to leave, its a supermarket and it's open to the public. Staying overnight was a bad idea, the op should look at previous posts about being accused of shoplifting maybe you will find the answer you're looking for.