Venture Photography

abc123def
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of weeks before Christmas I was caught by an offer at a stand within an indoor shopping precinct selling vouchers for a photo shoot for a Venture photo session which includes one 7x5 photo and the option to buy more.

I chatted to the lady on the stall and said my son is now engaged and wouldn't it be lovely for him and his fiance to have a photo session and some real lovely photos of the two of them and she agreed and said how nice. I filled in the forms with their names and numbers and took the voucher, wrapped it and gave it to them for Christmas.

I've just heard from my future daughter-in-law that they have been refused a photo session as the terms and conditions say it can only be used by 'families' and couples are not families.

Any ideas where I stand here? They may never have children, as a couple are they not a family?

Any ideas who I complain to? Most of all, I want the photo shoot for them, they were so excited about it when they unwrapped it. Failing that, I guess a refund.

A couple of weeks before Christmas I was caught by an offer at a stand within an indoor shopping precinct selling vouchers for a photo shoot for a Venture photo session which includes one 7x5 photo and the option to buy more.

I chatted to the lady on the stall and said my son is now engaged and wouldn't it be lovely for him and his fiancelink3.gif to have a photo session and some real lovely photos of the two of them and she agreed and said how nice. I filled in the forms with their names and numbers and took the voucher, wrapped it and gave it to them for Christmas.

I've just heard from my future daughter-in-law that they have been refused a photo session as the terms and conditions say it can only be used by 'families' and couples are not families.

Any ideas where I stand here? They may never have children, as a couple are they not a family?

Any ideas who I complain to? Most of all, I want the photo shoot for them, they were so excited about it when they unwrapped it. Failing that, I guess a refund.

Voucher Terms & Conditions

Voucher purchased on this site are for Full Family Photography Sessions. If you would like to discuss arranging a

non-family session please contact your nearest studio.

The Experience Voucher (EV) must be used to attend your photo session within two months* from date of purchase or it will no longer be valid.

The EV may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer, and may only be used as described.

The EV may not be used to purchase photographs from a previous photoshoot.

The EV is not transferable.

The EV is valid only for a full family photoshoot, which all family members must attend. This is at the discretion of the individual studio.

The studio photoshoot is valued at £150.

The complimentary framed image from your photoshoot will be a 7″ x 5″ and is worth £95.

Only one EV may be used per family per year.

Dates and times available for your photoshoot may vary from studio to studio.

At the time of booking your photoshoot, you will be asked to provide debit card/credit card details to secure your booking.

In the event of cancellation, please provide a minimum of five days notice or a cancellation charge of £25.00 will be applied.

Venture Photography photoshoots involve some physical activity, which is undertaken at your own risk.

have you ask for non family as i got this from there web site

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Why don't you go with them as it would be hard to argue you are not a family then. When faced with the situation they often back down. They could also pose the question about what if a couple of the same sex with a child approached them..........how would they treat that?

Unfortunate but is seems like flagrant discrimination to me.

I'm married with no kids so if I turned up with "my family" which consists of a boisterous dog and two cats I think I'd be seriously telling them where their fortune lied!!

Appalling.

Thing is, as they are a couple and have no children I consider them to be a family. Not only that but I had the conversation with the sales girl that the voucher would be for my son and his fiance and she said what a lovely gift and what a good idea etc. - no mention then that a couple is not a family. Afaik they are a family.

My daughter and her partner have successfully booked a session at their local Venture.

Personally, I'd say get a refund & run as fast as possible in the opposite direction! They are lovely pictures but very expensive & have a very hard sell ethic. I'd recommend the like's of pixiefoto over venture any day!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

You haven't put enough 'very' in front of expensive Kitten. Have you seen the price list yet abc, if not, take your heart attack pills with you.

I also understand that the hard sell is extremely hard so I think you should accompany them or use the voucher yourself.

it might be worth having missed it

we did a venture session when our first child was born

we were told we would have a photoshoot, a sit down session with wine when they showed us the photos, a free 7x5

they took several (around 30) photos of us holding her, her on her own ecetra.

when it came to showing us the photos a week later, there was no wine, just a couple of hard chairs and a slide show

the photographer IMMEDIATLY went into the hard sell, "you wouldnt want to loose these pictures", "i know you say you cant afford it but we will do finance", "why not just pick a couple", "we delete them if they arnt sold this is your only chance to buy them"

none of the photos came out at less than £1000, the only option under that was £600 for a CD with 10 photos on.

when the free photo arrived the frame was badly made, stapled togeather at the rear

all in all for £25 for the voucher it definatly was not worth it

im not sure if im allowed to give names but i would recommend max speilman, they were cheaper, friendlier, professional, just as good a photos

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I have used Venture for a shoot myself and was thrilled with the results. We had no hard sell at all and everytime I look at my photos which is daily they give me pleasure and I think they were worth every penny. That was a different branch to where my son lives and reading around the net yesterday I realise many people do get the hard sell, but we didn't. And isn't that the nature of the net and forums in that you hear the bad stories but not the good. I am slightly worried about ds and his fiance in that they do probably only want the one free photo, whereas I did want 2 or 3 when I went with my children though. If I can get a session booked I hope to go up and join them for the viewing. They live over 3 hours drive away.

• 1 month later...

Update - In the end the Venture studio local to my son and future daughter in law did agree to do the shoot, though it took many calls. The photos were amazing, they chose one as their 'free' 7x5 and I bought one 10x8, I think the sales person was disappointed that is all we bought though. Stunning photos, wish we could have afforded more. The photos are definitely worth the money to me, but given the hassle we had I probably woudn't buy another voucher again.

Update - In the end the Venture studio local to my son and future daughter in law did agree to do the shoot, though it took many calls. The photos were amazing, they chose one as their 'free' 7x5 and I bought one 10x8, I think the sales person was disappointed that is all we bought though. Stunning photos, wish we could have afforded more. The photos are definitely worth the money to me, but given the hassle we had I probably woudn't buy another voucher again.