Direct Line Complaint - Help :(

zoeyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me some advice please. This is a really long story so I am sorry.

This has been going on for around 14 months however it starts on 22 November 2011 when a wild deer ran out in front of me. I hit this at around 40mph and it caused a fair amount of damage to my little peugeot 107 (58 plate).

I called Direct Line and reported the accident. I was advised by Lisa that 'as deers dont have their own insurance, unless I can trace the owner, I am not covered and cannot claim'. I laughed as thought she was joking. She wasn't.

I called back around 10 or so minutes later and asked if I could claim for my personal injury on my policy. I was advised no.

I could not afford to repair the car myself, so after only using it again two or three times, it has sat outside my house, rotting. I pay £130 a month finance for this, and £30 car insurance to DL for a car I cannot use.

I had to take out a loan and buy another car, which is also insured with DL. Now I am paying for two cars and in serious debt.

In November 2012 my sister happened to mention that as I am fully comp I could claim against my own policy. I had no idea, i have been a customer of DL for 12 years, never had to claim.

I called DL and was advised yes I could repair the car under my own policy if i paid the 150 excess. Finally.

After an inspector missed three appointments, refusing to use the garage I wanted as 'he didn't have a good relationship with them'. I have been called a liar and 'David' in the claims team rudely advised 'he would not discuss anything with me until he heard the calls but 'no trained member of the DL team would ever give that advice'.

Three hours later 'David' calls me back, sweet as pie and advices unfortunately the call cannot be listened to as the recording is damaged. How very convenient.

I contacted the Financial Ombudsman on 17 December 2012 and requested they help. They wrote to DL and things started to happen. I was written to on 18 December by DL who stated I would receive a full written response by 16 January 2013 - today!

I emailed Paul Geddes CEO of DL and advised him of my complaint. He said the FOS liaison team was dealing with it, and he would leave them to it.

Had a call today from Lesley DL's FSO liaison team, she said she cannot find any record of the original call where I claim I was given the bad advice, but she has the call I made 8 minutes later.

How did she know the call was 8 minutes later if she cannot find the original call.

She has offered me £200 compensation. So far my costs just for the 107 are over £1800, not including everything else.

What should I do?

Please please help

zoeyb :(