mums debt on my CRA file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to buy a used car from a dealership on Saturday on finance.

On Monday I found out my application was rejected.

I was very surprised about this as I was under the impression that I had good credit history.

I decided to pay for my credit report through Equifax, and was very surprised to see an account with several late payments, showing in red, as 'very poor'.

It turns out that this credit account is my mother's, and should never have been in my name.

I have contacted the company who the credit was with and they have said that as it is in my name,

and there is still outstanding debt, that nothing can be done.

My mother has also contacted them to explain the situation.

They have told me that until I pay the debt off that it will remain in red on my file, and then it will be settled.

The debt is no longer with them but is with EOS.

I am unable to pay the debt off as I don't have the money available, and as it isn't mine I shouldn't have to.

I really don't know what to do next.

I really need to get this bad credit account removed from my credit history, but I'm obviously in a very difficult situation in that it is my mum who this debt belongs to.

I'm 22 and this is going to really affect my life at this stage when I will be wanting to get a car, mortgage etc.

Does anyone have any advice on who I should contact and what I should do?

Thanks

Yes this should be easy to rectify, start by placing a notice of dispute on the Equifax file entry, you will need to check Experian and Call Credit as they may carry the data to.

Then you must make a formal complaint to the DATA CONTROLLER of the company that has placed the entry and ''DEMAND'' the removal of the incorrect and derogatory data published from ALL credit reference agencies.

It is helpful to attach copies of screen prints of the entries.

Send by recorded delivery and check receipt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: