credit corp/Stevensdrake claimform - Aus Card Debt ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that's all that's required Rebecca...you may wish to add what Krios states in post#128.....

So add to point 3........" Notwithstanding the above I will contend that any agreements referred to within this claim are protected by Australian Law under the UCCC and not the CCA1974 and cannot be enforced in an English Court or under UK Law "

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks once again, I've added those bits in. If it's ok then I will wait a while before I send it in.

So, 2 copies to the court?

I 'm glad my curiosity go the better of me and I did go and pay the postage otherwise the N244 from Stevensdrake would gone back to the Court eventually and then what?

Strange that it isn't sent recorded delivery when it's as important as this.

Serve a copy on the claimant not less than 7 days and a copy to the Court.You will need to add the headers Claimant V Defendant in the xxxxxxxx County Court....Claim Number.

Sleep on this for now in case you wish to add/remove further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I wonder if I should include this fact on my witness statement. DO you know where I would find a reference to this law that I could quote?

What fact?...lost me there Rebecca

Hi Andy,

this is what I was referring to

Re: Australian credit card debt - credit corp/Stevensdrake

For Andy if it helps?

Australian courts recently agreed that they do not have jurisdiction to hear cases of UK agreements surely the reverse must also be true?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-UK-debt-in-Oz

Ah right with you...only 3 pages back:madgrin:

Well that refers to enforcing UK debts in Oz Rebecca (under the CCA1974) so the same applies visa versa.

Here's the link if you wish to research :- http://www.asic.gov.au/

Hi Andy

I have amended my witness statement, borrowing a couple of things from Lisa thread. As she was successful with her case I thought it would be ok to use some of the advice she was given. Let me know if you think any of it isn't appropriate.

At the hearing, will I have to argue my case? I have no idea hat is expected from me and so any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't heard anything from Credit Corp or Stevensdrake saying that it won't take place, although the letter from COSL does say that any legal action should cease.

Thanks

Rebecca[ATTACH=CONFIG]42589[/ATTACH]

Yes thats fine Rebecca

The hearing should start and concentrate on the question of jurisdiction... that's the main reason for the hearing...once that's decided then you shouldn't need comment on their application or the debt itself as it should be dismissed.

Don't forget to ask for costs.

Regards

Andy

Time researching/tracing/responding and making application...LiP,s are allowed £18.00 per hour and a payment of £90 for day off work.(if needs be)

Had an email back from COSL

Please find Credit Corps response of 13 March 2013 (attached).

Credit Corp have confirmed that there has been no enforcement action on this account."

They attached an email from Credit Corp

"Dear Team,

Please be advised of the below:

We would like this complaint to be reviewed by our Internal Dispute Resolution Department.

There has been no enforcement action on this account at this stage.

All the actions and activities on this account has been ceased until the complaint is resolved.

Kind regards,

Dispute Resolution Team

Credit Corp."

I emailed back saying we had a court date on the 5th April, so COSL now want copies of all documents received from Credit Corp. Amazing that they can say this unless they have nothing to do with the case anymore and it's all down to Stevensdrake.

Intriguing Rebecca the plot thickens.

Not yet. I've just sent COSL all the court documents so that they can see that enforcement action has well and truly started. Be interesting to see what COSL think about this. I will wait to see the outcome and then contact ASIC. What they will probably say is that it was out of their hands and they didn't know!

Make sure you update your WS Rebecca with any further developments

Thank you, will let you know when I hear something back from COSL. I am tempted to send the COSL letter to Stevensdrake directly, but not sure?

Forewarned is forearmed