style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i called in to yorkshire bank last year to ask them to trace the name of the company who i was insured with 3 years ago,but they said the information on they computors get wiped off their systems after 2 years,its really important i get the name of the compay i was insured with,as they have got 8 years no claims bonus of mine,which i need back asap for my car insurance,is there a email address for yorkshire bank? or could you tell me who i can get intouch with to help me find out

You may have to write to the data controller at the banks head office, was the insurance sold by the bank?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

no it was not a isurance through yorksire bank i had direct debits coming out of my bank account for this insurance,it was a private isurance for a van i had at the time. Do i write to head office in leeds or scotland to trace who i was insured with?

If you use ybonline there is facility to email them there. Alternatively yes snail mail. Same address as on statements or Head Office c/o your branch - if you still have one, they're disappearing fast!

It's nonsense to state they don.t hold info, it's a legal obligation for at least 6 years, arguably (for HMRC purposes) 12.

If this still fails, you could extricate ALL they have on you, including past statements by submitting an SAR. Costs £10

Let us know how you get on.

Olég

thank you,i have recieved a email fron yorkshire bank customer services saying to phone them as information on customers details are not safety guaranteed through emails. Be even better if i had call time to phone 0844 numbers lol,thank you once again,u have been a great help :)