Witness Intimidation plus Ex Employer Lying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Personally, I'd turn up and vomit and get sent home again, and try not to stress about it. That may not sound very pleasant but if they won't listen....!

I also wouldn't care what other people thought but then I'm a hard old soul!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your time frame is readonable - the delays are broadly not of your making. A third postponement might be pushing it....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You know what Emmzzi, I think you're right.

Usually I try and hide from people when I'm ill, but maybe if they see I'm not faking, and collapse and throw up, then I guess that can't be argued with.

You're right. I need to toughen up and not give a @#*t what these people think of me. Guess I'm far too sensitive... but I'm learning...

I think there is a lot to be said for toughing it out and seeing if you can manage. Wouldn't it be great to have it over with? Think positive!

I actually tried to tough it out before and said I didn't want to leave court, but judge ordered me too.

I will turn up tomorrow. I will tough it out. And when I throw up, collapse and politely ask for an ambulance, I will not be embarrassed!

It has to be done. I just know I'm more with it when not on new meds and in pain. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... right? :)

becky2585 I haven't had adjournment, got sent home. This is my actual hearing. At least another week, if not more.

Not been released from oath. Guessing yet another whole day of me in the stand being called a fantasist and liar :(

And thank you Emmzzi.

You need to be careful. If you're still in oath you shouldn't discuss your case at all, with anyone!

I would make every effort to attend. The case may well be struck out if there are persistent adjournments on medical grounds which makes it impossible to have a fair hearing or which prejudices the respondent.

Can you do anything to alleviate your symptoms in the meantime? Is there a walk in NHS centre near you where you can receive medical assistance tonight to help you finish the hearing?

I just thought six weeks wasn't too much to ask for, considering it wasn't my fault it was delayed by almost six months.

I could be that there is a long listings waiting list. It could be months before the ET can set a new date for you, which is probably why the judge is anxious for it to continue.

Fear produces two instinctive reactions: fight or flight. You are experiencing the latter. Try to turn it round so that you are in Fight! mode, rather than in the other. If the other party are unkind or rude to you, tell them. If you do not understand a question ask them to repeat it another way.

Take lots of deep breaths, gulps of water and try very hard to compose yourself as impressions do count.

Go to bed early and eat well.

• Haha 1

Hi Calamity Your post makes interesting reading sounds like same sort of company and tactics used by them and now we are going to have to go to the EAT to gain justice. Good on you for standing up for your rights, these companies should not be allowed to get away with this sort of thing. Good luck and hang in there my thoughts are with you.

Thank you Pusillanimous.

I think it's a combination of stress, no sleep, no food, meds giving me really bad side effects...

Plus, it still doesn't cease to amaze me how much people lie under oath.

Think I'm really old fashioned 'cos I can't... even when I knew the perfect answer, I just said, I know what I'm supposed to say, but I can't, because I'd be lying and I really don't remember.

I just figured better to be honest.

Although, I think they will win after what happened today. When it's over I'll explain. Just think it's unfair when I have proven so much and done it by telling the truth.

I might be wrong, but I got distinct impression, from beginning, that Judge may be .... erm... more for employers.

Still I might be wrong. Although I am ignored rather a lot... which even my friend mentioned.

Anyway, hopefully over tomorrow.

Thank you Calamity. It has been stressfull and exhausting and spent many nights up all night finding the case law and it should have gone in friends favour. Luckily I have some experience of law so know how to look it up as we have not been able to get legal help. I am determined though to get justice for my friend and also to ensure that other disabled workers are not discriminated against as would be the case if they are allowed to get away with this type of behaviour. Good luck for tommorow. I pray you get justice and a positive end to your situation.

Thank you rightsforme.

And good for you! I have a thing about discrimination and just can't watch it happen to people, which is kinda how they started on me, because I didn't keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, case over and now waiting for deliberation.

We'll see...

But what I do plan to do, is do voluntary work at the centre that helped me. I don't have enough legal knowledge, but they do need people to do admin and teach English as second language. So it will be my way of thanking them for their help, whatever the outcome.

And I haven't forgotten to donate to this site when I can afford to... as I have had some awful moments when someone on here was kind enough to answer, whether with legal advice, or just words of encouragement.

It's stressful enough under usual circumstances, but when you're not well, it feels like a nightmare come true.

Anyway, nothing more I can do now, but wait for decision and then move on.

C

Thank you Emmzzi and thank you honeybee13 and also thank you for your support.

I already do voluntary work, when I'm able, but I definitely want to find some time to thank all the people, in some way, who have supported me.

First, I have agreed to have some respite care and then, when start to feel better, I will definitely use this experience to try and bring something positive from it, for myself and others.

C :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pusillanimous,

No, not heard yet. Stressful waiting. Will post info about case, plus decision, once I know what's going on.

Have a feeling that I'm not out of the woods yet, especially as myself and witnesses still being intimidated.

The police seem to be taking an awfully long time to apprehend them. Think I'll chase up police investigations tomorrow.