old Virgin Money MBNA card account

pastamik
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sons Virgin Money account was set up and accruing over the top of his limit,

when his relationship broke down in October 2006 and he came back home.

He was expected to pay the telephone bill and maintainence for his son and they were also asking him to sign over the deeds to their home.

This all hit him badly and after a bad bout of depression,

and eventually returning to work, he lost his job of 7 years.

At first I couldnt get him to deal with his debts, as he recently put it he was in "a bad place".

He was out of work or only doing telesales for most of the year,

not seeing his son and not able to get legal aid to do, so thanks to no wage slips or statements.

When he did eventually get a job my wife finally badgered him to let her run a DMP on his behalf

she put among others an amount of £1729.32 that was to be paid to Bryan Carter & Co. £5 was paid to them as an initial setting up.

When the payments were not being made she rang the CCCS who said Bryan Carter was no longer dealing with it.

She rang Bryan Carter to find out who was , they didn't know.

She wrote to MBNA, got no reply.

Emailed Arrow Global and was told any correspondence had to go to 15 Old Bailey, London, a letter was sent - no reply.

This was in February 2009.

Then came a letter in November 2009 and December 2009 for £1724.32.

She sent of the letter for a copy of the credit agreement.

A letter was received in April 2010 with other card details on it,

but definitely my sons signature dated 26/06/2004 on the last page of the agreement but with no actual card number on it.

Now he is receiving letters and calls again and we wonder what position he is in.

Much of the debt is interest and late fees.

Any advice please?

Don't talk to them on the phone.

Either refuse to answer the security questions or hang up.

Who was the letter from?

Can you post up the CCA you got back (cover your details or anything that would identify you)

you can claim the fees back.

series3

If my advice helped you please click my star

Thank you for your reply, sorry I am a bit late with this. I've managed to get all the post and emails into PDFs regarding Bryan Carter, Arrow Global and Moorcroft Debt Recovery. Somehow they became out of chronological order and I don't know how to remedy that but I think you'll get the gist. As you'll see we tried to repay the debt but nobody wanted to deal with it at the time on the DMP. Our son was earning about £400 more a month at the time. Th DMP is over and done with apart from the fact that Bryan Carter put on through he court even though a small payment had already been made to set up the DMP. Well he's not getting much and my sons coping at the moment but he really can't afford paying this off now especially as he thought it had dissappeared.

Here are the PDFs, I hope someone can help.

Regards

pastamik