style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as suggested then, could write and complain citing briefly the relevant codes/guides etc re difficulties and interest freeze requesting that they take off the unjustified/unreasonable interest you mention and then will pay, either in full or x per month on the amount left? if they refuse, could then take it to the FoS who have the power to do so if they find in your favour. could also complain to payplan?

ps, there may also be an option re a Time Order to stop/reduce interest?

Edited by Ford

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it stop net spiders harvesting email details.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We sent e-mail same as letter really but make sure you ask for read receipt and also ask if they want a hard copy of the mail sending though ...wait until they respond until you send a hard copy as then you will be able to send a few copies of your e-mail in one batch ...have to say though they never wanted one from us ...this dept is ...make it high priority mail as well . If you don`t get a reply just send another mail and keep at it no postage cost this way ...it`s a dept in the CEO domain and they deal with complaints that are sent for CEO attention .:)

good luck :)

Thanks dx :) I will know for next time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - this is what I sent them and they have totally ignored it and sent to an external debt collection agency called Credit Security Ltd - I have again written to a Mr Paul Cameron from Lloyds TSB,I have also sent all the info to Credit Security Ltd ( although I may hold on that and just CCA them to buy some time - what do you think to that?) and I am sending a commplaint FOS.

Thoughts???

Letter:

I write with reference to the information released in our Subject Access request.

I am enclosing a copy of the payments made to Payplan from October 2004.

I would be grateful if you could explain the following:

Your Subject Access Information reveals the following:

1) It lists all payments made from Oct 2004 - Sept 2005. Incorrect as evidenced by statement from Payplan.

2) It states I made no payments from Oct 2005 - Feb 2006. . Incorrect as evidenced by statement from Payplan.

3) It states I made a payment of £209.90 in March 2006, none in April and one in May 2006 of £314.85 . Incorrect as evidenced by statement from Payplan.

4) It states I made no payments in June and July 2006 . Incorrect as evidenced by statement from Payplan.

5) It then says I made payments by DD of £399.22 fr0m Aug 2006 - Feb 2007 which bounced ( we had no such DD set up). Incorrect as evidenced by statement from Payplan.

6) We have been charged interest of approx £100 pcm - and even when we did make payments of £104 pcm the overall amount outstanding increased rather than decreased. Payplan had said they would work with you to freeze the interest. The amount you have added on has seriously hindered repayments on this outstanding debt.

7) I have made payments of £10,107.97 on an outstanding amount of £12,912.81 which leaves a balance of £2,804.84 and NOT the £6,469.04 which you claim I owe.

Anyone know who Credit Security Ltd are?

They are a DCA (debt collecting Agency)

Have they added their own charges? if so claim them back, have you been charged by the OC (original creditor) for late fees? claim them too

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Anyone know who Credit Security Ltd are?

DCA based in Whitchurch Bucks, can be very persisient.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok - this is what I sent them and they have totally ignored it and sent to an external debt collection agency called Credit Security Ltd - I have again written to a Mr Paul Cameron from Lloyds TSB,I have also sent all the info to Credit Security Ltd ( although I may hold on that and just CCA them to buy some time - what do you think to that?) and I am sending a commplaint FOS.

Thoughts???

yes, why not complain to fos, and do a cca request, put the matter 'in dispute'? (they are obliged to investigate disputes, and that should put 'collections' on hold), ensure that complaint to loyds is reviewed by proper complaints handler as per their site says (writing to cameron should've ensured that :)).

Edited by Ford

Ok - the latest.

I wrote and complained - I emailed Ms Greer and also sent a complaint to the FOS (for what it's worth) and have received a response.

It seems that for one reason or another Payplan instead of paying off this loan put the repayment, alongside another smaller repayment, into my husband's Gold Servivce account.

Lloyds bank continued to try and take out the DD for £399 pcm even though I have documentary evidence that my husband cancelled the DD in September 2004.

This went on for several years!

Neither Lloyds nor Payplan informed my husband what was happening and he was under the impression that he was paying off a loan

when in fact no payments were being made to pay off that loan.

During this time LLoyds have charged £104 pcm interest even though they knew my husband was in a DMP with Payplan.

They are now demanding he pays them 6k.

Can anyone give me any advice as to what on earth I do next

( apart from sending a SAR to both Lloyds - for the Gold Service account - and Payplan to see what the hell they were playing at)?

I am going to CCA Credit security.

Is anyone there? Or are you all out at work?? :-)

It's time for a formal complaint to Lloyds in reference to the mismanagement of the account and the non cancellation of the DD.

Yes do a SAR to both as a seperate matter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Righto - this is what I have now worked out

When my husband first went to Payplan

* the loan account shows as him owing £12,912.81

* the Gold service account was overdrawn to the amount of £2209.19

* totalling £15,122

Since then my husband has paid Lloyds a grand total of £11,726.68

Between the dates of October 2004 and February 2007 Lloyds bank continued to charge my husband interest on the loan

on a monthly basis to the tune of £2441.83 despite him being in a DMP thereby increasing the debt and not helping him to manage to reduce it.

He was also charged £251.81 in bank charges for being overdrawn on his Gold account.

They also tried to take out loan repayments despite my husband having cancelled the direct debit himself.

Where on earth does this leave me.

I will happily pay back what he oews but I am not prepared to pay back unreasonable and extortionate charges which increased his debt instead of helping him to reduce it.

Hello Brigadier,

I have formally complained to Lloyds and the FOS - but am getting nowhere!

Ah! I mis-read! Doh! I will complain - who do I send to? All the various people who have written to me??? ALL of them and the FOS?

Yes do a little research find out who the director of ''retail banking'' is at Cllods and address a complaint direct marked ''strictly private and confidential'' you have all the ammo and all the eveidence sort it chronologically use bullet points to highlight their mismanagement.

The DMP needs the same sort of treatment imo.

Need help give me a nudge.!!

Ok - this is what I have written, would you be so kind as to check it through please?

I write withreference to the letter received March 9th 2013.

I am writing toformally complain about the mismanagement of my Gold Service account number*********.

As you can see from the enclosed, I cancelled the direct debit forthe personal loan (number ************) in September 2004.

In October 2004 the debt management plan I hadstarted with Payplan following the breakdown of my marriage began.

Having looked through your figures I see thatdespite being in a DMP with several other creditors to repay, you continued tocharge me interest from October 2004 through to February 2007.

In October 2004 the outstanding amount I owedyou was £12,912.81.

However, you managedto increase this debt by £2441.83 with the interest charges.

Despite the factthat I was open and honest in my attempts to repay the outstanding amount, youhave in fact increased my debt by adding these interest charges, which hasseriously hindered me in repaying the outstanding amount.

As of October 2004 the loan account had an outstanding amount of £12,912.81.

Alongside this, inNovember 2004 the Gold Service account was overdrawn to the amount of £2209.19.

Since October 2004 I have paid a total of £11,726.68 plus a sum of approximately £700 as a settlement figure on the Gold account.

This amounts to £12,462.68 that I have paid to Lloyds TSB Bank.

Not including the interest this makes the outstanding figure I owe you£2659.32

and NOT the £6,469.04

I want an explanation as to why you reinstated a direct debit when

1) I had cancelled it,

2) it was on an account that was clearly not being used

3) why you did notthink to contact me once in the 28 months since I had entered a DMP as clearly there was no money in the account and clearly it was not being used and

4)finally, why you tried to take money from me when I was in a DMP.

The faultlies entirely at your door.

I have done nothing more that try to be open,honest and repay my debt.

I now find that whichever way I look at the facts and figures nothing adds up.

Finally, even if you add on the exorbitant and wholly unfair interest charges onto a man who has tried to repay his debt through channels that are endorsed by your very own business,

this leaves a combined debt between the loan and the Gold account of £17,563.83.

I have repaid £12,462.68 of that debt and this leaves (according toyour exorbitant charges) a total amountof £5137.15 outstanding. NOT the £6469.04 which you claim I owe.

And then I have done a SAR on the Gold account so i can see what the hell is going on there.

Question: They are not budging an inch, but I KNOW how much we have paid them and I am managing to wade my way through a minefield of information

- their recalcitrant attitude is fairly typical, true?

I am simply trying to get to the bottom of this

- but their hounds are lapping at my feet

- am I going to be persued through the courts while I try to get to the bottom of this?

Sorry about the lack of spaces - it seems to do that when I copy and paste for some reason !

Oh - and I will be sending a SAR to Payplan to see what they have been playing at.

You know what I think?

I think it would have been better off going to each creditor on my own onstead of relying on Payplan.

And I think I will add this bit too from the lending code for banks

I would like todraw your attention to sections 224 and 225 of the Lending Code for Banks whichstate that

224:

Subscribers shouldconsider reducing or stopping interest and charges when a customer evidencesthat they are in financial difficulties. Such reduction/suspension decisionshould be based upon an income and expenditure statement indicating that theyare unable to make repayments sufficient to meet contractual terms. Where acustomer is able to make only token payments, their debt should not increase asa result of interest and charges levied. The assessment should reflect thecustomer’s lack of ability to pay rather than the stage an account has reachedin the arrears cycle or whether they are using free sources of debt advice.Where a firm declines to allow concessions, they should be prepared to explainwhy to the customer or their adviser if requested to do so.

225:

It is inappropriatefor interest and charges to continue to be taken where the result would be thatthe repayment period for the customer becomes excessive. In forming a judgementon what might be excessive, a subscriber should take into account the type ofproduct and the individual circumstances of the borrower.

By goingto Payplan and completing an income and expenditure form with them I have amplydemonstrated that I have fulfilled the criteria above. The interest charges youhave levied against me have significantly increased the repayment period ofthis outstanding amount.

Why not, you are correct it'll give em someting to thik about.

I might try this - this guy is director of customer services -

Martin.dodd@lloydsbanking.com

I found his name but made up his email address cos I struggled to find it!

Question: They are not budging an inch, but I KNOW how much we have paid them and I am managing to wade my way through a minefield of information - their recalcitrant attitude is fairly typical, true? I am simply trying to get to the bottom of this - but their hounds are lapping at my feet - am I going to be persued through the courts while I try to get to the bottom of this?

Anyone else dealt with Lloyds like this?

don't think you'll be pursued through the courts atm.

continue complain as you are, see what transpires.

Edited by Ford

• 1 month later...

I am at a complete loss.

here is what I sent them -

Dear Darren Hayward-Murray ,

Without Prejudice

Account No: *****************

Your reference:***************

I write with reference to the letter received March 9th 2013.

I am writing to formally complain about the mismanagement of my Gold Service account number ************.

As you can see from the enclosed, I cancelled the direct debit for the personal loan (number ************) in September 2004.

In October 2004 the debt management plan I had started with Payplan following the breakdown of my marriage began.

Having looked through your figures I see that despite being in a DMP where it was agreed to freeze the outstanding balance and apply no further interest and with several other creditors to repay, you continued to charge me interest from October 2004 through to February 2007.

In October 2004 the outstanding amount I owed you was £12,912.81.

However, you managed to increase this debt by £2441.83 with the interest charges.

Despite the fact that I was open and honest in my attempts to repay the outstanding amount,

you have in fact increased my debt by adding these interest charges,

which has seriously hindered me in repaying the outstanding amount.

As of October 2004 the loan account had an outstanding amount of £12,912.81.

Alongside this, in November 2004 the Gold Service account was overdrawn to the amount of £2209.19.

Since October 2004 I have paid a total of £11,726.68 plus a sum of approximately £700 as a settlement figure on the Gold account.

This amounts to £12,462.68 that I have paid to Lloyds TSB Bank.

Not including the interest this makes the outstanding figure I owe you £2659.32 and NOT the £6,469.04

I want an explanation as to why you reinstated a direct debit when

1) I had cancelled it,

2) it was on an account that was clearly not being used

3) why you did not think to contact me once in the 28 months since I had entered a DMP as clearly there was no money in the account and clearly it was not being used and

4) why you tried to take money from me when I was in a DMP. The fault lies entirely at your door.

I have done nothing more than try to be open, honest and repay my debt.

I now find that however I look at the figures it does not add up.

Finally,

even if you add on the exorbitant and wholly unfair interest charges onto the account whilst every effort was made to repay this debt through channels that are endorsed by your very own business;

this leaves a combined debt between the loan and the Gold account of £17,563.83.

I have repaid £12,462.68 of that debt and this leaves (according to your exorbitant charges)

a total amount of £5137.15 outstanding. NOT the £6469.04 which you claim I owe.

I would like to draw your attention to sections 224 and 225 of the Lending Code for Banks which state that

224:

Subscribers should consider reducing or stopping interest and charges when a customer evidences that they are in financial difficulties.

Such reduction/suspension decision should be based upon an income and expenditure statement indicating that they are unable to make repayments sufficient to meet contractual terms.

Where a customer is able to make only token payments, their debt should not increase as a result of interest and charges levied.

The assessment should reflect the customer’s lack of ability to pay rather than the stage an account has reached in the arrears cycle or whether they are using free sources of debt advice.

Where a firm declines to allow concessions, they should be prepared to explain why to the customer or their adviser if requested to do so.

225:

It is inappropriate for interest and charges to continue to be taken where the result would be that the repayment period for the customer becomes excessive.

In forming a judgement on what might be excessive, a subscriber should take into account the type of product and the individual circumstances of the borrower.

By going to Payplan and completing an income and expenditure form with them I have amply demonstrated that I have fulfilled the criteria above. The interest charges you have levied against me have significantly increased the repayment period of this outstanding amount.

I have already asked for and paid for a subject access request. I therefore require all data that you hold on me on the Gold Service Account Number ...... This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement/s and any terms and conditions that applied to the account/s at the time of default and at the time the account/s was/were opened.

2. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person,

I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

- delete or add this depending on whether you are sending this to the original creditor/or a debt collection agency

3. True copies of any notice of assignment and default notices or enforcement notice that you/or name of the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

4. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account/s, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date/s they were/ it was added and deleted.

5. Details of any collection charges added to the account/s; specifically, the date they were/it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was/charges were calculated, and what the charge covers/charges cover.

6. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account/these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

7. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

8. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

9. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement/s.

10.Termination notices

PLEASE NOTE that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided,

it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents.

You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents.

This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

Please arrange for this to be delivered to the Lloyds TSB branch at ************* where I will provide my driving licence for identification purposes.

I look forward to your reply and to resolving this matter amicably.

When did you submit your CCA request?

If they have failed to supply it within the 40 day time period then you need to complain to the ICO.

"Without Prejudice" should never be used on any letters sent to them, as if it ever!!!!! got to court then you want the judge to see all the evidence.

Is this on your credit file?

When was the last payment made on this?

Have you reclaimed all of their fees and charges including interest?

Have you sent that letter? If not then please don't.

How far into their complaints procedure have you got?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!