Employers ignoring agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I'm in a bind.

I'm off sick due to back problems, been off since FEB, and now on WRAG, but in my last meeting with HR with Union rep, in JULY, it was agreed I would give work my GP's report, and then they would set up an exam with their Occupational Health dept, with a view to seeing whether I could come back to work in a feasible amount of time.

All very amicable and smiley-smiley, as is HR's fake wont, but my Union did mention the possibility of an action against them.

Well, I did my bit with the GP report, and HR said they'd got it and would look at it and be in touch. That was 4 weeks ago, and since then they are ignoring all my emails and phone calls.

Understand, they have never been silent on me before; this is deliberate. It's not about being too busy. I have left messages with the Head HR guy, his assistant and his deputy.

I sent them emails suggesting that we do the Occ Health thing this week, last week, the week before, and - nothing. I asked them for some records to give ATOS, and nothing. I replied to their Out of Office notifications by emailing that I hope they would, as stated in their notification, get back to me as soon as possible, as I want to work towards getting back to work and need this moved forward as soon as possible - nothing.

What should I do?

I am also filing with a solicitor against them (they don't know this) but not having much confidence as both the date of 'first injury' and 'last disability discrimination' have passed. I have to pull out records of every job I've had since leaving school and I'm pretty sure it's all for nowt.

I'm still on work's books, still getting 'zero' paycheques from them in my email.

I'm wondering if their refusal to help me further constitutes a 'disability discrimination'? I bet they've been advised not to talk to me, but this was a strategy we agreed to, in the presence of my Union Rep, but not in writing.

Any thoughts? Thank you for reading.

No, still off work and no idea from GP when I'll be able to return. Update, though, they finally answered today, with no explanation, just 'sorry for the delay' and they were considering all the documents. They've had them for weeks, and all they have to do is arrange the occupational health visit - I don't see why the big pause. Something's up.