Motor Traders Insurance

sean110869
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have a motor trader policy which has myself, mother and step-dad on it. When we took out this insurance we requested that it cover our personal vehicles.

My step father has now had his seized by the police as when they checked the insurance they were told that it would not be insured because the regsitered owner ie him was not the primary policy holder.This depsite the fact that it was registerd with them and when taxed no one from dvla has said a word that it should be in my name.

I can not get a straight answer from my insurers all I am told is their policies changed two weeks ago. is there any legal right to get the recordings of the phone calls made both when I bought the vehicle and today. Are all calls to insurance companies recorded. I have basically spent 1600.00 GBP on a policy which does nothing and is no use to me or my business and feel I ahve been conned.

I have had traders policy for over thirteen years and never had this problem or been told this.

My step dad is looking at in10 offence through no fault of hiw own and has tow ait until Monday to recover his vehcile as the police are so backed up we have lost a fortune as xmas such a busy time of year I just feel they should not be allowed to get away with this. In effect we have all been driving uninsured and we all have families which non of us would put at risk.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Hi sean110869

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

You can make a request under the Data protection Act, you'll need to go to the broker for this. You also need to make a complaint to whoever fobbing you off without an answer. Speak to them and then get an email address and follow it up.