TalkTalk disconnection Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Having major problems with Talktalk, have been speaking with them today to cancel the phone and broadband service after being with them for 15 years.

They have told me I have to pay £35 disconnection fee as somehow my contract was renewed in March this year, although I don't see how or why.

They advised they phoned to renew the contract as they do each year, but I strongly deny this as it would have gone onto a rolling contract like any other service.

Is this something you guys have heard of?

Edit: To add, we won't be moving to a property with a fixed landline as it's a lodge on a Caravan Park.

I suggest you follow their complaints procedure (Found here)

Keep everything in writing (letter or email) and ask to escalate the complaint if they won't give you what you want.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I feel we're banging our head against a brick wall. We've only just got over another issue whereby we had no phone for 3 weeks. We reported the fault, waited 9 days for an engineer only to be told it was an openreach issue and they couldn't do anything. Reported back to talktalk to wait an additional 6 days for an openreach engineer, who had to fix the cable on the main pole. Talktalk then charged us £50 which was later refunded as it was not our problem.

I'm tempted just to pay them the bloody £35 just to be rid of them! Never known a company like this.

I feel we're banging our head against a brick wall. We've only just got over another issue whereby we had no phone for 3 weeks. We reported the fault, waited 9 days for an engineer only to be told it was an openreach issue and they couldn't do anything. Reported back to talktalk to wait an additional 6 days for an openreach engineer, who had to fix the cable on the main pole. Talktalk then charged us £50 which was later refunded as it was not our problem.

I'm tempted just to pay them the bloody £35 just to be rid of them! Never known a company like this.

Why let them off so easily? Pay the £35 then you have some fun chasing a refund from them ;)

Follow their complaints process as I linked above. You be a thorn in their side for a change :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

We've stopped the Direct Debit via the bank as we move on Monday next week. This will give us time to sort out the stress of moving before I give them what for. Our account is in credit at the moment, due to them taking £50 for engineer call out and refunding.

My main point is how did they renew the contract without us knowing? Have tried checking the bills, but as they're all online they only go back to June, so can't access the March one.

I refuse o phone them again as they are idiots on the end of the phone and each different person tells a different story, really frustrating!

Why let them off so easily? Pay the £35 then you have some fun chasing a refund from them ;)

Follow their complaints process as I linked above. You be a thorn in their side for a change :p

Thank you for your advice, you can be sure now I've cancelled the DD we'll be speaking with them :wink:

Obv you would remember if they called you to get you on an offer or bundle offer which then would tie you in. When checking the net talk talk seem to be no1 in slapping on cancellation fees - valid or not .

When they contact you next ask for written transcript of call and date and time

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Obv you would remember if they called you to get you on an offer or bundle offer which then would tie you in. When checking the net talk talk seem to be no1 in slapping on cancellation fees - valid or not .

When they contact you next ask for written transcript of call and date and time

The package has never changed, we've always had Broadband, phone, plus the additional daytime calls, with call waiting and call divert. Nothing has been added or taken off with our consent.

Each time we've called they told us THEY phoned us in March to renew the contract, god knows who they phoned, but they are saying a verbal agreement is a contract.

They must have phoned and spoken to the cat?

Edit: This is a B&B so the service has been going for years, although not on a business account! This must be the biggest waste of space of a Company I have come across!

Like I said... written complaint to the address in their complaints code. Tell them something like "I have not agreed to any extention in march, so this has been missold. I would like to escalate this complaint to Ofcom (as they are currently taking an interest in misselling) and Ombudsman Service: Communication if you cannot resolve this, so please send me either the £35 that I have overpaid or a DEADLOCK letter"

Pay them then reclaim tho... I'm not sure if TalkTalk report on your credit file or not.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar