the blame game.

iwantabreak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,ive posted on here before about the dwp posting my medical files to my ex sister inlaws address for my ESA appeal.

i really need advice about who is at fault for this error.

i have complained to the dwp but they say it was the CSA who downloaded this address and the CSA are saying the dwp are at fault

.im getting nowhere here fast .(reregistered on here because i forgot my login details) .advice please .

i have complained to the dwp but they say it was the CSA who downloaded this address and the CSA are saying the dwp are at fault .

It sounds like you've been CIS'd.

The Customer Information System (CIS) (The link is a PDF)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dwp.gov.uk%2Fdocs%2Fdata-protection-guide-customer-information-system.pdf&ei=b4-_UJeDDceb0QWFzYHIAg&usg=AFQjCNH6yh1fUIPeeyhHXRFK0YSo0hXH9A&sig2=U-cG30MgQhi1vxAR1K3SLw

CIS does show which Government department has updated the address, but not who or why.

thanks for that ,if it is a computer update do you happen to know if i can still take action for the error.

Of course you can. A letter of complaint to the DWP & maybe your MP as well. It shouldn't happen, but with CIS updates I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

im really mad today ,the csa are saying its the dwps fault but when the lady from the dwp rang me today she wasnt very happy that i had rang the csa yesterday .she basically told me not to ring them and said she had sent all the info across to them and it could take 15 days for her to get a reply from them.

i tried to explain to her that the man from csa checked with the security team who said the breach of security laid with the dwp (i gave her his name and department like he said to).i felt a bit like a naughty kid been scolded to begin with but then it hit me i had actually got a bit further than her within less time.it hasnt helped me in the long run though because she said this could take months to sort out.personalli i believe the dwp are at fault but looks like a long wait to prove it.

hello again.

ive posted on here before about the CSA /DWP uploading a differant address for me on thier computer system and all my medical reports plus dwp letters sent to my ex sister inlaws address (ive never used her address for anything ,although my ex partner ,her brother did when we split last year for his JSA claim).

its been short of a month now and after finding out about this MISTAKE im still no nearer to a conclusion,in fact the dwp are blaming the CSA (I HAVE IT IN WRITING ) and the csa are blaming the DWP.

a lady from the DWP said she has passed my details on to the security team within the dwp but she also said on her letter the CSA are to blame ( i dont have any dealings with the CSA by the way ,my 3 kids are 23,22,21 ) .ive spoken to a team leader from the CSA who has told me that the DWP are to blame and i should persue them on the grounds of the data protection act but after ringing the lady who is dealing with this she still insists its not them to blame .should i just put it down to a bad experience ? even though the woman who recieved all my medical information opened them (obviously read them,pages were not in the right order ) and now knows my medical history .

is it really worth the effort trying to prove whos at fault ?

Two threads merged.

Please keep to this one thread for this issue.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

hello again.

ive posted on here before about the CSA /DWP uploading a differant address for me on thier computer system and all my medical reports plus dwp letters sent to my ex sister inlaws address (ive never used her address for anything ,although my ex partner ,her brother did when we split last year for his JSA claim).

its been short of a month now and after finding out about this MISTAKE im still no nearer to a conclusion,in fact the dwp are blaming the CSA (I HAVE IT IN WRITING ) and the csa are blaming the DWP.

a lady from the DWP said she has passed my details on to the security team within the dwp but she also said on her letter the CSA are to blame ( i dont have any dealings with the CSA by the way ,my 3 kids are 23,22,21 ) .ive spoken to a team leader from the CSA who has told me that the DWP are to blame and i should persue them on the grounds of the data protection act but after ringing the lady who is dealing with this she still insists its not them to blame .should i just put it down to a bad experience ? even though the woman who recieved all my medical information opened them (obviously read them,pages were not in the right order ) and now knows my medical history .

is it really worth the effort trying to prove whos at fault ?

These things take a long time to sort out - enlist your MP's help as this often speeds things up. And no, don't let them get away with such an awful breach of your privacy.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

hope im doing this right by putting an update on here.ive been awarded 100 pounds from the employment support allowance at the benefit delivery centre.is this the compensation regarding the whole breach of security ?? it is a consolatory payment it says on the letter because of thier mistake , my daughter told me not to accept what she called a pittance but you cannot appeal so whats the point ?