ESA awarded (WRAG) some queries, please help

katrina123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

after an atos medical I have been awarded WRAG ESA, and found to have Limited capability for work.

I thought there would be another medical called Limited Capability for work related activity. But ive been given a Personal Advisor Interview and been told i dont have LCWRA.

Can someone please clarify.

Maybe the LCWRA test was done in my atos medical? I did a basic arms and leg moving test.

Also i was not told about my scoring on atos medical. Just a letter saying ive been put in wrag.

Should I ask jobcentre for my medical report, for my records?

Ive done a number of medicals and appeals, and finally been awarded ESA.

Im pleased with the outcome. Just not sure if i need to do anything now and checking all is correct.

Also should i ask for a written statement of reasons?

I dont want to appeal or have them reconsider, im just thinking maybe i should get as much info from them for my own records. Or will they reconsider automatically if you ask them for statement of reasons?

What can i expect at the Personal Advisor Interview?

Also the arrears of backdated ESA.

Would this directly affect Housing benefit and council tax benefit?

The esa arrears will have deductions for above?

If so, seems the added esa wrag £ component, although good news, will be used to

offset some housing benefit reduction...? not sure.

complicated, not sure how better off or worse off i am, after this WRAG £.

And DLA, would that push housing benefit / council tax benefit down?

thankyou for any help given.

Can someone please clarify.

Maybe the LCWRA test was done in my atos medical? I did a basic arms and leg moving test.

Also i was not told about my scoring on atos medical. Just a letter saying ive been put in wrag.

There are two considerations at the ATOS medical - do you have Limited Capability for Work (LCW) and do you have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA)? If you have LCW but not LCWRA you will be placed in the WRAG. If you have both, you will be placed in the Support Group (SG). And of course, if you're deemed to have neither, you are not entitled to ESA at all.

So it would seem that you've been found to have LCW but not LCWRA. A different method is used to determine each.

LCW is based on a "points" type scale - the assessor (and then the DWP Decision Maker) looks at various descriptors and assigns points - if you score 15 or more, you are deemed to have LCW. There is another set of descriptors, often known as the "Support Group Descriptors" that are used to decide whether or not you have LCWRA. You will be deemed to have LCWRA if you satisfy any one of these descriptors, and it's a "yes/no" question - points are not used.

So the ATOS assessor/DWP DM has decided that you have LCW but don't satisfy an SG descriptor.

Should I ask jobcentre for my medical report, for my records?

Ive done a number of medicals and appeals, and finally been awarded ESA.

Im pleased with the outcome. Just not sure if i need to do anything now and checking all is correct.

Also should i ask for a written statement of reasons?

I dont want to appeal or have them reconsider, im just thinking maybe i should get as much info from them for my own records. Or will they reconsider automatically if you ask them for statement of reasons?

By all means ask to see the ESA85 (report from your medical) and ask for a written statement of reasons if you wish. You're entitled to these and doing so won't automatically trigger a reconsideration or appeal unless you want to do so.

Also the arrears of backdated ESA.

Would this directly affect Housing benefit and council tax benefit?

The esa arrears will have deductions for above?

No, backdated ESA will not affect your HB or CTB. In very general terms, neither should your DLA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.