Homebase delivered wrong item and won't put things right

AMR38
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a shower screen from homebase online, paying for home delivery as unable to fit item in my car.

I took a day off work to take delivery of item (as 8am-8pm was the only timescale they could give).

A dining room table from Argos was left outside my front door (they didn't even knock).

They won't send another shower screen and they won't refund me as I used my husband's credit card - although of course they were quick enough to take the money.

Very upsetting dealign with customer services as each time have to wait 24 hours for email response or phone calls take an hour each time.

What can I do and what are my legal rights?

You ordered a shower screen and they delivered a dining room table !.. and they wont make this right? Gobsmacked !

Well for a start your husband can ask for a charge back on his card !!

I have moved your thread to the Retail forum, but will also flag for site team assistance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Where is the Dining Room table.. have they collected that for return?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The dining table is sitting outside - my house is too small to store something like whilst they sort this out. They haven't been bothered about it but by pushing they have said now they will pick this up monday.

They won't refund the money to the credit card - they say they need to talk to my husband as I placed the order using his card. They were were quick enough to take the money without speaking to him though!!

I received a latest email from ARGOS (remember I ordered from Homebase..) who are referring to me by my maiden name (must have been years ago I last ordered from Argos..)

After this I rang them and I was on the phone for AN HOUR! At one point I was holding for a manager for 20 MINS!!!! Seriously...

So no refund, no replacement shower screen and no compensation.

I found an excellent website which gives the names of CEO's so I have emailed the CEO of homebase, Terry Duddy (although I know sometimes they make these names up to serve as codenames...).

What can I do???? Any ideas..?

Can your Husband not do the charge back ? He needs to get in touch with the Credit card company and confirm that they have

a) Delivered an item that wasnt ordered

b) are refusing to resolve the issue and deliver the correct item.

He wants a chargeback for the item ordered/not delivered.

As far as I am aware Homebase/Argos are part of the same chain.. If you order something from Homebase, it is likely to come from Argos.

BCOBS

I ordered a shower screen from homebase online, paying for home delivery as unable to fit item in my car.

I took a day off work to take delivery of item (as 8am-8pm was the only timescale they could give).

A dining room table from Argos was left outside my front door (they didn't even knock).

They won't send another shower screen and they won't refund me as I used my husband's credit card - although of course they were quick enough to take the money.

Very upsetting dealign with customer services as each time have to wait 24 hours for email response or phone calls take an hour each time.

What can I do and what are my legal rights?

I am a bit confused. You ordered a shower screen from Homebase, but AGOS delivered a dining room table? Can you use Distance Selling Regulations advising that you want them to collect table or did you pay in store? That way card is automatically refunded.

Covered by DSR just cancel the order and they must reund all monies. dont even have to give a reason. ( you can do that within 7 working days from the day after receipt, but as you have not got item yet do it now. )

use email in all correspondance if you can, not phone.

if they wont play ball do a charge back as said, but may take a while.

Covered by DSR just cancel the order and they must reund all monies. dont even have to give a reason. ( you can do that within 7 working days from the day after receipt, but as you have not got item yet do it now. )

use email in all correspondance if you can, not phone.

if they wont play ball do a charge back as said, but may take a while.

I think AMR needs to update us how they paid for the item, Online or in Store.

silly question but if you ordered on line did you put in a code and did the item discription come up as a table or shower door? some codes are very similar and you need to check that you ordered the right item?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.