Insurance renewal after claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a new house 2 year's back and held onto the old one for a couple of years. I had a claim for a water leak which was a expensive fix for them.

Both places the Insurance was through same company and under my name. Couple of weeks back I got renewal through for only one property. I am guessing they don't want to insure the older house as it had a claim.

My question is that the premium for new house is the same as it was last year. Do I need to call the and point out the fact that I had a claim last year on the other policy? Or will they know this all ready?

Give them a phone call to discuss. It will be two different policies which have not been cross referenced in any way. Having worked in Insurance, I find that Insurers have always had a difficulty in cross referencing the information they hold on different records. Customers are always surprised that the Insurers can't get the information correct, but when you are dealing with hundreds of thousands or millions of records, it is not that easy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So that means the premium will go up... Ouch...

Just out of interest, I own the house but work abroad 9 months of the year can my son who lives there full time insure under his name?

If it is the family home it may not be a problem, provided your son is not having a load of his mates living with him. But the Insurers should be made aware of the situation, as some Insurers may say it is not your main home, as you are a foreign resident for most of the year and therefore they can't Insure it on a standard policy. If this is the case, you may be faced with having to arrange Insurance elsewhere. Towergate Brokers and Home Protect brokers will have many options available.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread