2 cancellations fees, sheilas wheels

kirbyfaye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all..

Im after a bit of advice.

I took out car insurance on 7th november 2012, and had to cancel it on the 28th november 2012 due to the engine on the car blowing up! Never made any claim in that time, and paid in full when i took the policy out.

Rang sheilas wheels on the 28th to cancel, and they told me i would have to pay them a cancellation fee of £35, which is fine, i understand that. What i cant understand is i ALSO have to pay a cancellation fee to Esure who are the people actually insuring me. So i get no ploicy at all from sheilas wheels..but i have to pay them £35 to cancel, AND £55 to Esure for cancelling!

Is this right, im completly confused?

Cancellation fees must not exceed administrative costs.

However, I suppose that they are holding your money so it is easy for them to refuse to give refund you in full.

You would have to go and get the money - eventually by a small claim in the county court

Think there is some confusion. There is only one cancellation admin fee. There will be on top a time on risk premium due for the period you were covered and this will be due to the underwriters.

Anyway, as this has not been explained properly, ask for a full breakdown of the cancellation, so you can check on how much they are refunding, after they take off what is properly due to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sheilas wheels have got back to me.. finally..

the fees are as follows:

£55 sheilas wheels cancellation fee for them finding the policy, they sayd they bought the policy for me and its in their terms and conditions

£26 esure, the underwriters who actually insure me

£26 for changing something on my policy, but wasnt told iwould be charged this

£23 for the days i was covered, which i understand..

sheilas wheels say they are allowed to charge the £55 as well as esure..

is this right?

I think the amount to SW is ok, but I don't like the additional amount that Esure are charging. They used to be part of the same Insurance group but have since separated.

Suggest that you make a complaint in writing and advise them that you are unhappy with being two cancellation admin fees and want to refer the matter to the FOS. Ask them for their final response asap, so you can make the complaint to the FOS asap. They may decide to refund you one of the fees, as if you go to the FOS, it will cost them a £500 case fee.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...

Sheila's wheels are demanding £100.84 for the period 21.2.13 - 9.3.13 as i cancelled my policy 4 days over the 14 day cancellation period!! They had increased my premium by approx £100 from last year even though i have protected no claims and i have moved to lv. Sheilas wheels are charging £27.50 cancellation fee plus legal assistance, car hire and protected no claims fees which they say are non refundable. This is ridiculous when i can't use these services and is a disproportionate amount for less than 3 weeks cover. The tone of the letter is quite threatening saying they will pass it on to a 3rd party and it could affect my credit rating. Has anyone any advice on what i should do next???

Put in a written complaint to SW, threatening to involve the FOS. If it was an automatic renewal and you had Insurance elsewhere from renewal, send them a copy of the new policy certificate, so they can see you had other cover. They may then backdate the cancellation of your policy and waive these amount they are chasing for.

Sheila's wheels are demanding £100.84 for the period 21.2.13 - 9.3.13 as i cancelled my policy 4 days over the 14 day cancellation period!! They had increased my premium by approx £100 from last year even though i have protected no claims and i have moved to lv. Sheilas wheels are charging £27.50 cancellation fee plus legal assistance, car hire and protected no claims fees which they say are non refundable. This is ridiculous when i can't use these services and is a disproportionate amount for less than 3 weeks cover. The tone of the letter is quite threatening saying they will pass it on to a 3rd party and it could affect my credit rating. Has anyone any advice on what i should do next???

It cannot affect your credit rating unless it goes to court and you still refuse to pay! Hopefully they have said this in writing as it si making intimidating threats which may be illegal.