style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter, who is in her last year of school, has just brought home her school report.

In amongst a long line of 'above average' and 'excellent' in the behaviour column, and A's, A*'s and B's in the predicted grade column, her Science teacher has graded her behaviour as 'poor' and her predicted grade is now a 'U' - she's been at this school for a year and a half, and her predicted Science grade has always been 'A', and her grades on her mocks and coursework have all been A/B's. When I asked her what had happened with Science, she shrugged and said 'New teacher. She's given more than half the class 'U' as a predicted grade'. When I asked her what the problem with her behaviour was, she said that the teacher has difficulty controlling one or two difficult kids in the class, so she and the majority of the other kids are just sat around waiting for her to finish dealing with the two boys concerned, so they just chat...then the teacher goes crazy at them for talking.

I was just about to call the school and request an appointment, because it did seem pretty clear to me that the teacher has a bit of a problem here, possibly more so than my daughter. However, I've just spoken to a friend who reminded me that she had a similar problem with her eldest daughter, and after she spoke to the school (not the school my daughter's currently at) about it the teacher in question basically persecuted her daughter to the extent she actually had her suspended half way through her GCSE exams for dying her hair, where three other girls who dyed their hair the same night and same colour received no punishment at all.

She's completely spooked me now. This seemed really straight forward before I remembered what happened to my friend's daughter. How would you good folks handle this?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Thanks, Mr Dator. :oops:

My daughter has just been told that I've been beaten to the punch - one of her classmates (predicted 10 A*'s and one U, apparently), has an extremely angry parent visiting the VP and Head of Year tomorrow morning. Now there's someone besides me actually doing something, I'm far more comfortable with it - the few parents that I'd spoken to weren't all that bothered for various reasons.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Well thank you termie. :)

i'll be giving them a call to make an appointment in the morning..shall update on what happens.

Well, that was awkward. :!:

I had a very brief meeting with the HOY, who had clearly had it up to the eye teeth with apologising for and correcting reports. Apparently, both grades were the result of an administrative error.

We've now been given a revised report, with a predicted grade of 'B' and 'above average' for behaviour. I pointed out that the original report had a very specific comment about my daughter's behaviour, indicating that she was talking too much and not concentrating - I said that I was genuinely concerned about that, and if there was anything I could do to help, I would...apparently that was an administrative error too.

My gut feeling is that there wasn't an error at all, and that the teacher in question has just been hauled over the coals for getting a bit over excited with the old red pen. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes from here, but I don't fancy her job much. All the kids call her Dolores Umbridge, and in my experience, once you lose the respect of teenagers, it's hell's own job getting it back.

Well, that was awkward. :!:

I had a very brief meeting with the HOY, who had clearly had it up to the eye teeth with apologising for and correcting reports. Apparently, both grades were the result of an administrative error.

We've now been given a revised report, with a predicted grade of 'B' and 'above average' for behaviour. I pointed out that the original report had a very specific comment about my daughter's behaviour, indicating that she was talking too much and not concentrating - I said that I was genuinely concerned about that, and if there was anything I could do to help, I would...apparently that was an administrative error too.

My gut feeling is that there wasn't an error at all, and that the teacher in question has just been hauled over the coals for getting a bit over excited with the old red pen. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes from here, but I don't fancy her job much. All the kids call her Dolores Umbridge, and in my experience, once you lose the respect of teenagers, it's hell's own job getting it back.

Yes, I think you're right - a cover up with the 'administrative error'.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop