style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

I read few cases on this website and found that there are some great advises. And I need your help as well please.

I'm a new driver to UK. I parked on the road side that has no yellow or any kind of markings. It is not a resident parking area as well. so I thought that is free and ok to park as many cars are parked. But I have parked close to the side walk where the public path ends. I have attached the picture to show it as I'm not explaining to well.

so this morning I got a pcn for code 12 from local council. I read that code 12 says :Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place. 12R means no residents permit and 12T means no voucher or pay and display ticket. But there is no need to show any permit or pay. Is it just because I park to close to that side there public path ends?

Many thanks for all your help. I have been in UK 1 month and already managed to get a parking ticket :(

If you mean you parked by the dropped kerb (where the pavement is lowered to meet the road), then yes that is a contravention.(code 27)

However the PCN alleges a code 12.

Write to the council.

I was parked in Woodhouse Street, which is totally unrestricted. There are no single or double yellow lines or resident permit parking bays, nor is there any signage restricting parking.

Therefore the contravention as alleged on the PCN, (12 :Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place.), did not occur.

I request that the PCN be cancelled

Many thanks Michael. You made my day with your answer. Yes, I mean that I have parked on the dropped kerb. And that is a lesson for me. But I'm please to know that a code 12 is not the correct one. I shall write to the council for sure. However, I believe that it is better not to say anything about code 27 in this case.

How professional the request PCN cancellation has to be as English is not my native language.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by vitaphilly

Do I need to mention that the code 12 is incorrectly used on this PCN and actually code 27 needed to be used? Is PCN still valid if the contravention code is incorrect? I’m just a bit concern that council may refuse to cancel my PCN as along the street there are markings for resident parking and double yellow lines, but my mistake was that I just parked on the dropped kerb.Many thanks

Do I need to mention that the code 12 is incorrectly used on this PCN and actually code 27 needed to be used?

No

Is PCN still valid if the contravention code is incorrect?

No, The PCN has to have the correct contravention. The council cannot re-issue an incorrect PCN

I’m just a bit concern that council may refuse to cancel my PCN as along the street there are markings for resident parking and double yellow lines,

That's irrelevant. You were parked adjacent to a dropped kerb, not as the council alleges in a resident bay

How professional the request PCN cancellation has to be as English is not my native language.

Just keep it brief and to the point

Your Address.

Dear Sir,

PCN No: XXXXXX

I wish to make an informal appeal against the above PCN on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

I was parked in Woodhouse Street, where there are no single or double yellow lines or resident permit parking bays, nor is there any signage restricting parking.

Therefore the contravention as alleged on the PCN, (12 :Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place.), did not occur.

I request that the PCN be cancelled

Yours sincerely

Your name

• 3 weeks later...